false advertising

My friend has just bought a house it was advertised with a dish washer in the add, but the real estate agent has made a mistake with the for sale sign out the front of property because the person building it had no plans to put one in there.

His settlement is week what are some of his options, the real estate agent is trying to talk his way out of it.

Thanks.

There are plenty of court cases around this kind of scenario. The short story is that the real estate agent is up for a dishwasher. (I recently negotiated a $500 cash back from a REA for our purchaser client in exactly the same situation).

My friend has just bought a house it was advertised with a dish washer in the add, but the real estate agent has made a mistake with the for sale sign out the front of property because the person building it had no plans to put one in there.

His settlement is week what are some of his options, the real estate agent is trying to talk his way out of it.

Thanks.

Is the dishwasher listed as an inclusion in the contract of sale? That's where the answer lies.

I think it could go either way.
Yes false advertising but the purchaser did not check list of items in contract of sale.

Keep us posted on this.

Also purchaser would have signed form 1 or equivalent and had a chance to cool off before purchase.
If dishwasher was not listed in form 1....

Back