Fat Club - lost 100kg's

Yum, I love salads. I was craving a nice greek salad for breakfast this morning but I forced down some pancakes as I am trying to put on weight. I am lucky to have a metabolism that makes it near impossible to gain weight, but I also notice that I just don't like junk food and feel ill if I eat much of it.

At the moment I am 14 weeks pregnant and weigh less than I did in highschool. I love veges, fruit, rice and salads. My Mum, who struggles with her weight loves and craves custard tarts, chocolate and bakery treats. I am going to have a look at the Cohens suggestion and tell her about it.

Louise

Sounds like me- I ate cake for breakfast on a number of occasions, cold pizza, whatevers in the fridge thats the most unhealthiest hehe. Such a good girl you are :) But in saying that, im not fat, wouldnt mind losing 3 kilos but work out at the gym 3 times a week so kinda evens it out.I cant imagine if i was 14 weeks pregnant what i would be hoe-ing down. Im not pregnant god it would be impossible actually but anyway im sure if i was pregnant id be thinking about food every second of the day. Little bubba needs food make sure u eat more!

It's not always just about the diet, if you're fat, you need to change your lifestyle.

Make physical activity a habit and stick to it and let if become part of your lifestyle.

So many fat people go on the many diets claiming to drop plenty of weight, but a year or 2 later they are just back to where they were before or even fatter.

If you become fitter and gain some lean muscle mass and drop the fat, then you can eat more and cheat more with your meals.

No point just dropping your calories without physical activity to lose weight, you'll just become skinny-fat with low energy, and that's a bad look.

About 15 years ago my sister (was then around 31) and was a bit out of shape by her standards. Weighed 8.5 stone at 5'2". Don't ask me what kilos that converts to.

So, she became an aerobics junkie - 5 sessions a week, plus a few walks and so on.

After 12 months she looked bloody hot; her size had dropped, but her weight had hardly changed.

The reason, she explained, was because the muscle is heavier than the fat, and she'd built up some muscle while burning off the fat.

Haven't been online for a while - have been hamming it up the coast of Queensland and checking out the cute Queenslanders for sale in Maryborough hehe.

I ended up booking an appointment to the Cohen's Lifestyle clinic a couple of weeks ago in Perth. Listened to the info for an hour and they showed us a brief diet plan. Sounds like it is a HUGELY restrictive lo carb diet. I don't know how I could *possibly* stay on it over Christmas - will have family up visiting and realistically don't think I could stay on the plan for that couple of days.

Also, my Dad died of a massive heart attack at 64 and he used to do that Heart Diet - the 3 day one where you eat weird things like icecream and bacon. I'm not sure lo carb is the way to go although I know weight can be lost very quickly. But keeping it off is what counts.

I think I will go back on Weight Watchers after Christmas. The 'slow and steady' approach of 1 or .5 kg per week worked for me before (I lost 14.5kg's in about 10 or 12 weeks). I can't give up rice, pasta and all the good stuff, I just have to learn how to moderate it and EXERCISE. I was walking 4km's a day on WW and the weight came off!! Also the Cohen plan costs $750.00 plus blood tests and when they weighed me I came in FIVE KILOGRAMS heavier than my personal scales ????????? How is that possible??

I continue to have great success with a modified lemon juice diet. I have tried for 8 years to shed 6 kilos; not a lot so you would think it would be easy. So I have restricted carbs, exercised madly, diet diet diet and nada! Still left with a tummy I didnt want.

So, after three weeks on a modified lemon detox diet, I have now lost 5 kilos (1 to go); have not lost any muscle, but all podge, body shape has changed significantly and my clothes are all loose, well, baggy actually. And I havent been to the gym ONCE during this time. So much for exercise. The change is huge!

I was on the full lemon detox for around 4 days, and this helped me detox from coffee, and everything else and kind of rejigged the system,

Then I modified it because I wasnt able to drink around 6 litres a day! I have never eaten breakfast so this hasnt changed. Just a cup of tea. Then mid morning I squeeze three lemons, a teaspoon of honey and the rest water, and drink that up at once. Lunch - cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, celery, avocado, a protein item (cheese, egg, chicken) and three sesame wheat biscuits. Cups of tea during the day with milk, no sugar. Then, an apple or some nuts in the afternoon. Dinner - grilled chicken, fish, lean lamb with at least 3 more vegetables. Then a cup of weak senna tea (clears you out nicely in the morning:p)
Alcohol - a glass or two of low carb Pink on the weekend (same as always)

I dont feel hungry at all, and now fit easily into size 10 clothes, when I was heading into comfy size 12's

So once again, IT IS NOT JUST ABOUT THE EXERCISE - exercise is about fitness, not weight control.

My partner and i start the Lemon Detox Diet on Sunday for the 7-10 days, then we are going to do the Kick start diet for the next 4-7 days (14 days in total) and hopefully both loose 9kg's before Christmas, in the new year we were going to do the body for life diet as we both have done that in the past with success, but i think i might find out about the Cohens diet as it seems to have worked so some of you.

My partner and i start the Lemon Detox Diet on Sunday for the 7-10 days, then we are going to do the Kick start diet for the next 4-7 days (14 days in total) and hopefully both loose 9kg's before Christmas, in the new year we were going to do the body for life diet as we both have done that in the past with success, but i think i might find out about the Cohens diet as it seems to have worked so some of you.

After 10 days on the Lemon Detox diet i have lost 7.2 kgs, start the Kick Start on Saturday

After 10 days on the Lemon Detox diet i have lost 7.2 kgs, start the Kick Start on Saturday

Yay! It works, doesn't it! I am a few weeks past it now; I still have the juice of 3 lemons in the morning with honey; then salad and protein (eg egg/chicken) for lunch, fruit at mid afternoon, then a reasonably normal meal and I am still losing around 3/4 kilo a week. After years and years of trying to slim down a bit, at last, something works!

I think the lemon juice helps to mobilise the fat, but also normalise the blood sugar. Never feel hungry anymore and no more chocolate cravings.

Never feel hungry anymore and no more chocolate cravings.

i also wonder how much is mindset. i find if i feel the need to lose a bit of weight and genuinely decide in my mind to do so - then my normally savage chocolate cravings just disappear overnight.

i can go for desiring an entire family block every day - to nothing/nadda/zip/zilch cravings. not that i actually give in and eat an entire family block every day.

Well, just an update to say that after considering lots of different diet options I have simply switched from eating hardly anything during the day (and loading up on the fat/carbs in the evening) to 3 meals + 2 snacks and walking 4km's every other day.

Two or so weeks in and I've lost 2kg's. Not much, but it is 'little by little'. Will keep posting here!! I seriously want to lose another 20kg's and get back to the swelte weight of 2 years ago. Feel free to post here if you want to join me !!

Some people use weight-loss pills like Reductil, Tenuate, Duramine or Xenical...

Or, lap banding surgery...

Just on this note.........was talking to my neighbour yesterday and her neighbour (on the other side) had a very overweight sister and brother-in-law. 5 weeks ago without telling anyone, the brother-in-law went and had lap band surgery. He was ecstatic with the result and had dropped heaps of weight in no time. He convinced his wife to undergo the procedure two weeks ago (again without telling family or friends).

Whilst under they nicked her aorta and she was pronounced brain dead that same day.......she was in her early 50's.:(

I lost 30 kg in 10 mnths

didnt do much exercise however took the following out of my life
meat
beer
chips
lollies
biscuits
fast foods
coffee
milk
cakes
pasta etc etc

added the following
3 fresh juices per day
2 lt water every day
ate 4-5 pieces of fruit per day
fish and veg 3-4 times per week
3 shots wheatgrass per day
walked 30-45 mins per day - quickly
sex 3-4 times per week - this helps immensley even if it's by yourself :D

BTW - I had a back op in 99 because I was over weight and I promised myself that I would not go through that pain ever again.
From 100kg to 70kg and also opened a juice bar in Perth at the same time because I really believed in a healthy lifestyle.

I am now 78kgs and fighting fit - however missing out on the sex - got married :mad:

have never understood people having surgery because they are overweight. whats wrong with eating properly and exercise? just another example of our 'want it now' society.

I am probably not very welcome in this thread; I eat crazy amounts of food everyday trying to put on weight with little success :eek:
note: has nothing to do with being vegetarian, have always been like that even in my past meat eating days.
Although i highly recommend a non meat diet if you're trying to lose weight, as well as elimination of any food that contains animal products. No, you won't be deficient in anything contrary to popular (uneducated) belief.

Did you know that some of the most long lived people are vegetarian societies? One example is the Seventh-day adventist community in Loma, California who advocate a vegetarian diet. I bet there aren't many overweight people there.

... I currently need to lose the 18 kgs I've gained in the last 2 years (ouch!!) QUOTE]

Hi Jess

I lost 25 kilos in 20 weeks on Cohen's

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24215

Asy lost 88 kilos in 12 months

http://newyouforum.com/forum/index.php

the official Cohen's website is http://www.cohens.com.au/

This program is amazing. Read some of the posts on the New You forum and you will get some idea of what it is all about

18 kilos is a breeze .... on Cohen's program!

Cheers
Kristine

Errrr hummmm and Peter 14.7 lost 35 Kg on Cohens in 20 weeks.:mad:

But I am a guy and we lose it easer in this program so I forgive Kristine oversight:)

Peter 14.7

Umm.....might be better if you keep that info to yourself ;)

Regards
Marty

This is like the joke:

Do you remember your first sexual experience?

I can......it was a dark and cold night and I was a little scared....probably because I was by myself at the time.....lol :D

Back