Feasability Software/Developments

Can you share this spreadsheet WM with me? pretty please

At the moment I just have a very basic one for doing apartments in WA.

Basically I use these lines for doing quite basic feaso using generic costs and is gross.

aprt size sqm
total sqm
resident car parking required
visitor car parking required
total car parking required

lot cost inc stamp
cost per build
Consultants (aka contingency buffer) at 5%
holding costs yr1
holding costs yr2

total costs

sales
minus sale fees
total sales

potential GROSS profit

Gross Profit %
lot size
zoned r40
from $699
price per sqm
plot ratio

Total Loans
Loan Repayment pa
Loan Repayment pw
Rental Income
Gross Income (Income minus Debt)

This is sort of what I do, however what I do know is that some of the packages will calculate GST, interest etc. this will be very useful

A bit of an ouch at the price $770/$440 but it does sound very good.

I suppose the tax man will pay 1/3rd of it

I might give the demo a go.

Estate master? Probably more in depth and more expensive again. Valuers use it.

from memory that is around $3-5k and imo is overkill for small developers. i must admit i only had a very brief look at it a couple of years ago

myf - $770 one off fee is effectively change dropped under the couch cushions when kept in context of the millions of dollars annually worth of developments we're undertaking.

from memory that is around $3-5k and imo is overkill for small developers. i must admit i only had a very brief look at it a couple of years ago

myf - $770 one off fee is effectively change dropped under the couch cushions when kept in context of the millions of dollars annually worth of developments we're undertaking.

Correct :)
It seems to do many things I'd like it to do BUT it only works on windows. I will have to get some Windows on my Mac and see if it will work.

ah ok, yeah im an entirely windows based guy here so wasnt aware of that. seems odd that they wouldnt offer a version in this day and age though

I have used both feastudy and estatemaster.

Estatemaster is definetely not worth the extra $1000+.

I would go for feastudy, however I've seen dev feas spreadsheets that take into account gst etc that are available for free online and do pretty much the same things the paid software does.

Cheers
Andrew

BTW DevFeas have said that the next version of it, v8 will be Mac and Windows. They currently have some Mac users who have it installed via a Windows Emulator.

Back