Feedback wanted on my website

I've just set up a web site for our subdivision project to call for expressions of interest from those wanting to purchase blocks. I still have a few finishing touches to put on the website (like changing the header image from the WordPress default), but have made it live now and would appreciate any feedback you may have about it.

Brendio I have marketed lots of properties. here is my advice:

are investors your target market?
If so you need a downloadable IM (information memorandum)
If it's home buyers, you need to sell the lifestyle and benefits.

You need an artists impression of the finished product, the one you have looks like a cartoon (just trying to be truthful).
I would suggest a ONE PAGE website to draw attention to one call for action, multiple tabs divert attention (unless you have multiple things to offer)
Professional copy would help
get rid of "we are not legally allowed to enter...." and replace with NOW Calling For Expressions of Interest" Keep your intention clear without distracting with what you can and can't do. You can discuss that with people on the phone once they apply. Hire a real estate copy writer it will make all the difference.

Give the development a name (not your company name), ie the cascades, etc, something that reflects lifestyle.

It's a good DIY word press website but it looks like a DIY website. If this is an expensive project don't skimp on marketing, good marketing helps.

Some other hints, get it on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au, they can sell properties alone without them being advertised anywhere else.
List it with some agents or marketers on a no sale no commission basis, it's generally accepted for developments like yours.

Looks like initial stages..... all the best with it.

Brendio,

You mention close to all facilities, schools, shopping centre, hospital & the university. I would add in photos of all theses facilities, I would add lifestyle shots & a map of where the development is located.

I would also have your plan redrawn by a professional for marketing purposes as you cant read the dimensions, if the potential buyers have a house design in mind, they need to know if it can fit on the allotment.

I too would remove the picture of the house.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for your feedback.

Brendio I have marketed lots of properties. here is my advice:

are investors your target market?
If so you need a downloadable IM (information memorandum)
If it's home buyers, you need to sell the lifestyle and benefits.

Our target market is owner occupiers, especially with the bigger blocks. Already had two different tradies stop in while driving by to enquire about the land and wanting big blocks to fit big sheds on. There are no signs out advertising, just the obvious activity with the house getting ready to be moved.

You need an artists impression of the finished product, the one you have looks like a cartoon (just trying to be truthful).

I know the graphics need improvement. It's hard to have exciting photos when you are selling dirt. But I agree that pictures of the types of houses you could build on that dirt would be suitable.

The logo is just a 5 minute mockup I did of the idea I wanted for the logo. It then kind of grew on me.

I would suggest a ONE PAGE website to draw attention to one call for action, multiple tabs divert attention (unless you have multiple things to offer)
Professional copy would help
get rid of "we are not legally allowed to enter...." and replace with NOW Calling For Expressions of Interest" Keep your intention clear without distracting with what you can and can't do. You can discuss that with people on the phone once they apply. Hire a real estate copy writer it will make all the difference.

Thanks for the tips. I have updated the copy.

Give the development a name (not your company name), ie the cascades, etc, something that reflects lifestyle.

It's a good DIY word press website but it looks like a DIY website. If this is an expensive project don't skimp on marketing, good marketing helps.

Some other hints, get it on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au, they can sell properties alone without them being advertised anywhere else.
List it with some agents or marketers on a no sale no commission basis, it's generally accepted for developments like yours.

Looks like initial stages..... all the best with it.

Yeah, I realise it looks DIY and I could hire professionals to do it, but the main point is to give people who are interested (like those who drive by) a place to lodge their interest and possibly save on REA commissions for a private sale. I would split the difference with the buyer. When the development is finished, if we have blocks left over, we may list with an agent or two and get their professional marketing.

At this stage, the blocks aren't on the market, so I don't think we'd be able to list on realestate.com or domain, but correct if I'm wrong and they do allow calls for EOIs.

Brendio,

You mention close to all facilities, schools, shopping centre, hospital & the university. I would add in photos of all theses facilities, I would add lifestyle shots & a map of where the development is located.

I would also have your plan redrawn by a professional for marketing purposes as you cant read the dimensions, if the potential buyers have a house design in mind, they need to know if it can fit on the allotment.

I too would remove the picture of the house.

Yeah, a map is definitely on the to do list. Photos of facilities is a good suggestion. I need to ask our town planner if they can supply the plan in an editable, vector based format to pretty it up for marketing. What I have up was just a rush job from a pdf screenshot to get something up.

Back