Fibreglass Batts V Cellulose

I've heard that the Cellulose is fire retardent, cheaper to install and works and lasts better.
On the other hand I believe it's a pain in the butt for Sparkys and the like should they need to do work in the ceiling.

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.

Regards
Steve

We have blow in stuff in our home and our 2 IP's both have batts.

The blow in stuff is a nuisance if you need to do any work in the ceiling - however the batts are quite a bit more expensive.

I haven't noticed any difference between the two types when I've lived with them.

I found this Choice article that may give you some more information.

http://www.choice.com.au/viewArticl...00008&p=2&title=Buying+guide:+Home+insulation

I hope that this gives you a little more assistance anyway.

I've just had electricians in for a full day and a half and they worked in the ceiling with the blow in stuff. Originally I wanted wool batts but it was too expensive.

I've had a couple of tradies say that the blow in stuff sticks to them but they don't really disturb it when they work. They pref it to that itchy fibreglass stuff in older places

There was a bit of the product that fell out of the man hole when they were in and out all day but there wasn't that much insulation on them. They stay on the beams while they work up there any way.

I got quotes from the electricians and noone asked me what was up in the ceiling space, so go for whatever suits your place and costs the least. There's lots of spaces where blow in is the only option anyway. Might as well spend the savings on something else you want.

Back