Final inspection service for new build - Sydney

Hi guys,

I'm finishing off a duplex very soon and want to make sure everything has been done to acceptable standards.
I'm quite capable of checking everything in great detail, but I'm not 100% sure what acceptable standards really are.
There I some things I might let go which should be fixed, and there are some things I may be picky on, which are within acceptable standards.

So for this reason, I'd like to engage an inspector who has done this 100's of times before, so they know exactly what to look out for.
They can then compile a list of all defects required to be rectified, which I can pass on to the builder to get fixed.

The build has been very slow for no apparent reason which has increased my holding costs alot, so I don't want the builder (project home builders) to get away with anything which doesn't meet the required standards.

Does anybody have any good references for final building inspectors for new homes and an approximate of costs.

Thanks
Ace

The Australian Giude to standards and tolerances covers what is acceptable.

I am sure that you specified in teh building contract that all work must comply with the building code, applicable Australian standards and the guide to standards and tolerances .. just so there will not be any argument as to what is an acceptable standard right???

Yes, just engage a building inspector .. contact a local building surveyor and ask for one of their inspectors to come and do a report .. If they are doing it for you they can be really picky

Get the report, then tell the builder what he has to fix prior to your final payment then sit back and then wait for the bun fight.

As an example I rarely see brickwork on all sides of a dwelling that has perps aligned in keeping with the guide to standards and tolerances.

cheers

RightValue

The Australian Giude to standards and tolerances covers what is acceptable.

I am sure that you specified in teh building contract that all work must comply with the building code, applicable Australian standards and the guide to standards and tolerances .. just so there will not be any argument as to what is an acceptable standard right???

Yes, just engage a building inspector .. contact a local building surveyor and ask for one of their inspectors to come and do a report .. If they are doing it for you they can be really picky

Get the report, then tell the builder what he has to fix prior to your final payment then sit back and then wait for the bun fight.

As an example I rarely see brickwork on all sides of a dwelling that has perps aligned in keeping with the guide to standards and tolerances.

cheers

RightValue

I like this!!!

Back