Finally bought Rich Dad Poor Dad book

Whether something actually happened or not shouldn't alter the value of what is said.

Not sure that rings true to the journos around here ;). Would've been nice had it been stated somewhere. I took it to be an embellished version of something he'd remembered, but fair enough. Doesn't change what was learnt!

Not sure that rings true to the journos around here ;). Would've been nice had it been stated somewhere. I took it to be an embellished version of something he'd remembered, but fair enough. Doesn't change what was learnt!

Tis a fable

But still has a message, as do all fable's ;)

If you want to look at a site that has a crack at many "get rich quick guru's" have a look at John T Reeds site

example Robert T. Kiyosaki

Apparently on August 20, 2012, Kiyosaki's company, Rich Global LLC, filed for bankruptcy in Wyoming Bankruptcy Court link

Last edited:
Tis a fable

But still has a message, as all do all fable's ;)

If you want to look at a site that has a crack at many "get rich quick guru's" have a look at John T Reeds site

example Robert T. Kiyosaki

Apparently on August 20, 2012, Kiyosaki's company, Rich Global LLC, filed for bankruptcy in Wyoming Bankruptcy Court link

The guy who makes his money from telling others how to make money has filed for bankruptcy? Oh the irony!

The guy who makes his money from telling others how to make money has filed for bankruptcy? Oh the irony!

There's a list of Famous Bankruptcy's on this US Bankruptcy Firms web-page, Kiyosaki is listed, as are many others. I think Kiyosaki actually went bankrupt previously in the mid 80's and prior to RDPD. The 2012 mention above was something new

Don't forget Donald Trump has been there before also

Oh I don't think that means anything at all. Companies go into administration/liquidation all the time but that doesn't mean that the director doesn't know how to make money. Look at Alan Bond, John Symonds and some of the top barristers in the country. Not all is as it seems.

There's a list of Famous Bankruptcy's on this US Bankruptcy Firms web-page, Kiyosaki is listed, as are many others. I think Kiyosaki actually went bankrupt previously in the mid 80's and prior to RDPD. The 2012 mention above was something new

Yes exactly it is too simplistic to say 'bankrupt = failure'. In the strict sense of the word only. Businesspeople always prepare for these failures and make proper arrangement beforehand.

The difference being that Donald Trump doesn't make a point of telling people how to make money! Ok, ok... to the same extent, anyway.

Obviously Kiyosaki can make money (i think his wife owns real estate all over the place)

It's just ironic, that's all. Some people treat him as a financial god, but it shows nobody is perfect!

Yes exactly it is too simplistic to say 'bankrupt = failure'. In the strict sense of the word only. Businesspeople always prepare for these failures and make proper arrangement beforehand.

I'll agree on this one Aaron. The 'bankruptcy' term hits pretty close to home...

The difference being that Donald Trump doesn't make a point of telling people how to make money! Ok, ok... to the same extent, anyway.

Obviously Kiyosaki can make money (i think his wife owns real estate all over the place)

It's just ironic, that's all. Some people treat him as a financial god, but it shows nobody is perfect!
1. Kiyosaki and Trump tour a lot together and have at least 1 book together.
2. Smart people that grow their wealth can always grow more wealth, dumb people that have never been able to grow money will always struggle to hold money that comes their way.
3. If it is true, I'm sure he's got a team of lawyers that have set up the structures so he doesn't have to sleep in a cardboard box... It's not owning the asset that is important, it's the control...

Neither Kiyosaki or Trump are pushing shopping trolleys around and sleeping under bridges

Maybe the use of a separate LLC is another one of their lessons?

Rich Dad Bankrupt Dad - NY Post Link

After a long, lucrative career writing financial self-help books and giving seminars, “Rich Dad Poor Dad” author Robert Kiyosaki has filed for bankruptcy for one of his companies after losing a $24 million court judgment.

Kiyosaki’s Rich Global LLC filed for bankruptcy after being ordered to pay nearly $24 million to the Learning Annex and its founder and chairman, Bill Zanker.

US District Judge Shira A. Scheindlin in April ordered Rich Global to pay up $23,687,957.21 after a jury ruled Kiyosaki must give the Learning Annex a percentage of his profits after using their platform for speaking engagements, including a 2002 gig at Madison Square Garden. Rich Global filed for bankruptcy in Wyoming on Aug. 20.

And from the RDPD Team

Mike Sullivan, CEO of Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad Co., told us that Kiyosaki, said to be worth $80 million, was still doing very well thanks to investments in other companies: “The dealings we had with Learning Annex were with a company that hasn’t been in business for a number of years . . . I am not surprised Learning Annex is upset and angry, the money doesn’t exist in that company, and we can’t bring money out of the group.

“Robert and [wife] Kim are not paying out of personal assets. We have a few million dollars in this company, but not 16 or 20. I can’t do anything about a $20 million judgment . . . We got hit for what we think is a completely outlandish figure.”

Attachments

• 2 men 1 message.jpg
    2 men 1 message.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Midas.jpg
    Midas.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 66
Yes I imagine setting yourself up to avoid paying for things you don't want to pay for whilst still being able to reap the rewards of anything that works out in your favour is a very important lesson when it comes to building wealth.

Back