Finance Brokers and Buyers Agents role in the Forum

We even see these very people encourage 'newbies' and even 'oldbies' to seek the services of each other, without having to say 'call me, call me'. There is plenty to share around!

These people see the very real life scenarios, and as such have the inside, intimate knowlege that cannot be seen on the surface. Sharing this knowledge is probably invaluable not only to those who ask, but the very many people who for whatever reason have not asked the question, and the people who search our forum for many years to come!

Pay credit to where credit due!

pinkboy

If I comment on this topic, would I be guilty of saying, "Me too!" ???

Too late I guess, feel free to report this post. Given the amount of great information freely given by the various professionals here, I don't this thread requires much more of a response.

Yeah I agree with Weasil. How dare people who spend their day jobs assisting people with their finances for property and investing contribute their own time for free to a forum about property and investing! Its blantant selfishness.

Oh wait I got selfishness and that other word that means the opposite mixed up. Selflessness.

I think we need to stop feeding the weasil.

I agree, but I would love to know and read his/her interview and experience, anyone else?
How about it Weasil, are you up for it to share some insight and your expertise, instead of just spreading your observations?:D

Hi all, while I agree there is valid input from some of these guys I also see behavior that does not seem impartial from the perspective of sharing a point of view on property investing. I mean if your livelihood is providing finance or selling property how can you objectively comment on particular topics (specifically related to your occupation)? I have also noticed that when one comments all others follow, generally in full agreement of the first poster. It’s almost like...I better jump in there and get my signature details on the post or I may miss out... It feels a little like ambulance chasing
I would have thought if you have a genuine interest is discussing property investment you would do so as an individual rather than as a header for a business that makes a living from the said mentioned forum? I can’t help feeling there may be a bias here due to the tie to a livelihood
Thoughts anyone...
On the contrary; most folk here have disagreed and agreed with each other over the years over a wide range of topics. Not all (especially me) simply jump on and agree with some folk.

The various brokers here are a great source of info and help.

No doubt they also use the forum to advertise for business in a subtle way.

If they manage to get a few clients from it then good luck to them.

Thoughts anyone...

I think troll.

Your thread is a massive slap in the face to these professionals who, to date, I do not recall any of them scrounging for business on here.

All they have to offer on here is their extensive, up to date and very very relevant knowledge for the benefit of property investors.

Without their input this forum would almost certainly die.

With or without you, it will flourish on regardless.

Seriously...!!

Yeah I agree with Weasil. How dare people who spend their day jobs assisting people with their finances for property and investing contribute their own time for free to a forum about property and investing! Its blantant selfishness.

Oh wait I got selfishness and that other word that means the opposite mixed up. Selflessness.

You've mixed ya self up here sorry. If they spend there own free time here and it's business related isn't this working :confused:

If they were not displaying a point of contact for a business directly related to subject of the forum they would then be just blabbering on like the rest of us :confused:

If this was a forum where people blindly follow tips and advice, and it was a general property 'rah-rah', then maybe having professionals post here would be an issue.

But it's not.

The whole point of this forum is to argue about ideas and techiques, and to analyse data and trends, to further the skills and knowledge of the individuals involved. This leads to individuals taking responsibility for their financial decisions.

And this is a good thing.

I think troll.

Your thread is a massive slap in the face to these professionals who, to date, I do not recall any of them scrounging for business on here.

All they have to offer on here is their extensive, up to date and very very relevant knowledge for the benefit of property investors.

Seriously...!!

Seriously you need to re-read your post..
If this was the case they would not be displaying business contact details in signature bars. If this is all they have to offer then why advertise??

I would think without either of us the forum would continue regardless.

If this was a forum where people blindly follow tips and advice, and it was a general property 'rah-rah', then maybe having professionals post here would be an issue.

But it's not.

The whole point of this forum is to argue about ideas and techiques, and to analyse data and trends, to further the skills and knowledge of the individuals involved. This leads to individuals taking responsibility for their financial decisions.

And this is a good thing.

Agreed. I actually accept the arguments put forward by the previous posters on this topic. I can now see these guys do provide a benefit to the forum that quite likely outweighs any negative from my original perception of "ambulance chasers". This is only via healthy discussion and reflection on different views. BTW I'm not going to leave...so stop suggesting it :D

Agreed. I actually accept the arguments put forward by the previous posters on this topic. I can now see these guys do provide a benefit to the forum that quite likely outweighs any negative from my original perception of "ambulance chasers". This is only via healthy discussion and reflection on different views. BTW I'm not going to leave...so stop suggesting it :D

No worries.

I don't think I've asked you to leave, though. Have I??

I think troll.

Seriously...!!

I try and help out at least one person a week where I can.

I enjoy doing it because this is my passion. Even if it is just guidance of where to look, who to talk to, what to consider.

If it leads to further business for me, then, well, good. I'm not going to deny I wouldn't be pleased if it happens.

But most of the time it is people starting out who haven't realised something that could save them a lot of time, money and effort. If I can get them on the right track, save them some cash or just some time then I'm a happy man.

No worries.

I don't think I've asked you to leave, though. Have I??

No, I threw that in there as a general post to the population that have suggested it. Seems like some only want to read what they like to believe and dislike any challenge or questioning of the accepted beliefs? :)

No, I threw that in there as a general post to the population that have suggested it. Seems like some only want to read what they like to believe and dislike any challenge or questioning of the accepted beliefs? :)

No problemo. Don't leave, just try to frame things such that we attack the ball rather than the player and expect a wide range of opinions in response.

I quite enjoy debating property related issues, so hopefully we'll have some good discussions. :)

You've mixed ya self up here sorry. If they spend there own free time here and it's business related isn't this working :confused:

If they were not displaying a point of contact for a business directly related to subject of the forum they would then be just blabbering on like the rest of us :confused:

Seriously - you have absolutely no idea ... (shakes head)

A discrete link is not advertising. Personally I have never followed a link and everyone has the choice of whether to follow one or not ... however ... I did get myself a new broker off this forum as it is very satisfying to have a mortgage broker that understands, and is involved in, property investing itself - not just their business.

Debate can get quite interesting but it is fabulous these guys take the time to give their opinions from a unique, and often unaccessable to general population, point of view.

Perhaps you would like to link (discretely) to your business?

Seriously - you have absolutely no idea ... (shakes head)

A discrete link is not advertising. Personally I have never followed a link and everyone has the choice of whether to follow one or not ... however ... I did get myself a new broker off this forum as it is very satisfying to have a mortgage broker that understands, and is involved in, property investing itself - not just their business.

Debate can get quite interesting but it is fabulous these guys take the time to give their opinions from a unique, and often unaccessable to general population, point of view.

Perhaps you would like to link (discretely) to your business?

Well....if it's not advertising then why have it there:confused:
I wouldn't link my business here as there would be no benefit, hence the guys who do list them perceive some benefit, right ;)

Anyhooow...As I earlier said...all happy now :)

Back