Finance

W

WebBoard

Cash Back offer on Mortgages?
Date: 5/15/00
Time: 9:05:55 AM

Has anyone used these new internet home loan services? I've seen one advertised in our local paper called http://www.mortgagesearch.com.au and they claim they will pay you cash when you apply for a home loan through them.

I did use their loan comparison which showed me great ways to save on interest and some other charges.

Has anyone used them, were they genuine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert

Reply: 1

Re: Cash Back offer on Mortgages?
Date: 5/17/00
Time: 10:29:03 PM

Murray I have searched through most of them on offer in OZ. The one I've been impressed with though is http://wwww.wizard.com.au they have personal consultants that will call you back upon an enquiry. They are not pushy and if you tell them that you would like them to call back at a later date they will. I have asked a large amount of questions with these guy's and have always had prompt answers. Though one question i did ask stumped the consultant and she went and found the answer whilst I waited (willingly) on hold.

I will probably be going for another mortgage in the next 6 months or so and would be willing to use Wizard as a financier.

Regards Robert

Murray Biggs

Reply: 1.1

Re: Cash Back offer on Mortgages?
Date: 5/18/00
Time: 8:32:20 AM

Yeah, I see what you mean. Probably the thing that got me in though was the cash back offer. They claim that if you go for any loan from any lender they deal with, like Westpac, St George, Colonial, etc. always pays you cash worth hundreds or thousands of dollars.

They also offer the personal service you mention without affecting the cash offer. I mean if you're going to get a loan anyway with one of these banks, you may as well get some cash and let them do the running around. And they promise to, at worse, equal what you get if you go to the lender directly yourself, at best, increase bonus options on loans or reduce/remove fees and charges.

Their comparisons page really highlighted the tens of thousands of dollars in interest payments you can save just by doing a few small changes in the way you make you're payments.

The amount of info available out there in the Internet world now really blows my mind! Thank god for dot coms!

Back