Finding out Strata Company

Hi guys

If I know the Strata Plan number and want to find out which company is managing the complex myself, is there a way I can get that information myself?

Thanks.

The easy answer is yes.

If you download from the LPI site(must pay about $15), the common property title document, usually CP/SP #####, it will tell you the postal address of the owners corporation and if it is managed by a strata manager, it will have the name of the company also.

If the strata managing company is proactive, this is the first thing they will do- notify LPI. But the reality is not many are up-to date.

In addition to the above, there should be a notice board on the property and that may have a letterhead from the strata agent.

or

Speak to an owner occupier.

or

Have a ring around the local agents and see if they manage it.

Many common property titles won't tell you who the strata manager is. To change the mailing address for a scheme you need to have this approved at a general meeting and then have the change lodged at LPMI. Many owners corps are not interested in bearing this cost.

And then, even if you do this it often does not help because solicitors and Councils don't check the CT and still send notices to the building address.:(

Wake

Hi guys

If I know the Strata Plan number and want to find out which company is managing the complex myself, is there a way I can get that information myself?

Thanks.

I don't see why it would be a secret.
If you're a tenant, many agents direct tenants to the strata to get additional security keys.
Asking owner-occupiers would be the easiest I think.

Back