Finding unread posts

I have been using the drop down - quick links --> Todays posts as my way of checking out what is going on in Somersoft.

This has worked quite well until this morning - when (admittedly I was half asleep) I did exactly this and stumbled upon what was a post from a reasonable number of years ago.

Am I using this search function in the wrong way?

Personally I use the 'New Posts' link in the top menu. It shows all threads with new content since I last looked.

I then open threads in which I'm interested via a new tab in my brower, then I click the 'Mark All Posts Read' link at the bottom. This cleans things up so I don't find old posts the next time I browse.

Hi Peter,

Had tried the new posts at the top, but it didn't seem to bring up as many as the todays posts link I go to.

Matt

today's posts = all todays posts >> new posts = those you havent read of today's posts

works, 's why it has its own button

I use User CP to see all the unread content from my subscribed threads (and always subscribe to those that seem interesting.) Then I use an RSS feed (Brief addin in Firefox) to get new threads.

I log on and use "New Posts" also

I forget to check in on "User CP" from time to time though and have been lax in the past responding

I use User CP to see all the unread content from my subscribed threads (and always subscribe to those that seem interesting.) Then I use an RSS feed (Brief addin in Firefox) to get new threads.

User CP shows threads with unused posts to which I've contributed or subscribed. It's very useful.

"Quick Links", "Subscribed threads" shows all threads I've subscribed to, not just unread ones.

I have been wondering whether there are better ways of "driving" the forum - and thanks to the above posters I have picked up a couple of tips. THANKS.

I really like the usercp one - great thanks.

Back