Finished Painting IP

I have just finished painting my current investment property,
Just posting this in case any one is interested.
The colors and paint types I chose are:

Ceilings throughout:
1 / Coat Berger Gold Label sealer undercoat tinted to Dulux Pale Celadon Quarter
2 / Coats Berger Gold Label Matt tinted to Dulux Pale Celadon Quarter

Walls throughout:
1 / Coat Berger Gold Label sealer undercoat tinted to Taubmans Bohemiam
2/ Coats Taubmans Living Proof Silk Low sheen

Gloss throughout:
1 / Coat Berger Gold Label sealer undercoat untinted
1 / Coat Berger Gold Label Matt untinted
1 / Coat Dulux Professional Gloss tinted to Dulux Extreme white

Exterior Eves:
2 Coats Dulux Professional Gloss Acrylic tinted to Classic Cream

Exterior Doors:
Two undercoats plus 1/ Dulux Professional Gloss Enamel tinted to Self Destruct,with White trims and white door inserts.

Attachments

• June 2010 475.jpg
    June 2010 475.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 201
  • front door after (1).jpg
    front door after (1).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 149
  • June 2010 452.jpg
    June 2010 452.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 160
Weepers in Brickwork.

I always use Weepers in the Brickwork to keep out insects and other vermin,
They are used for fire hazard areas and are a fine stainless steel mesh.

Brickys will normally fit them for you for nearly free as it saves them work.

Attachments

• June 2010 491.jpg
    June 2010 491.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 144
  • June 2010 492.jpg
    June 2010 492.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 136
Tiles are also finished today,

A couple of other photos,
Tiles are also finished today,
Handover in approx three weeks,
Concrete quotes coming soon :rolleyes:
I will have 1 metre of concrete surrounding all of the house,with two metres out back for clothesline,driveway and alfresco area,
Total 198m2 of concrete :D

Attachments

• June 2010 459.jpg
    June 2010 459.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 117
  • June 2010 460.jpg
    June 2010 460.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 115
  • June 2010 499.jpg
    June 2010 499.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 123
Hi. Very nice.

I notice you use sealer under everything. Is this because it's new?

Also a question if you don't mind. I have just purchased a property laden with nicotine. The wallpaper (everywhere) is covered in nicotine so not a problem on the walls. However the ceilings are brown. Should I put a sealer before painting? If so suggestions please.

Thank you. Your contribution to this forum is much appreciated.

Hi. Very nice.

I notice you use sealer under everything. Is this because it's new?

Also a question if you don't mind. I have just purchased a property laden with nicotine. The wallpaper (everywhere) is covered in nicotine so not a problem on the walls. However the ceilings are brown. Should I put a sealer before painting? If so suggestions please.

Thank you. Your contribution to this forum is much appreciated.

The sealer is used as the first coat so I can sand it back to a very smooth surface.The main properties of undercoat is it is easy to sand.I didn't have to use it however the paint I used as a top coat (Living proof silk) is a very beautiful silk paint that has teflon in it and can be written on with a permanent niko and still be cleaned off with eucalyptus oil. Perfect for a rental and should look good for ten years.Not an amateurs paint to use as it is slippery and doesn't cover well at all.Not cheap either,but I only use the best on my own properties and for others that are willing to pay.

As for your problem with nicotine on ceilings,I have had them so bad it is actually dripping off.
The easiest way and the most professional way is an oil based undercoat as a first coat followed by one coat of flat enamel.
On Queenslanders tongue and groove ceilings I have used two coats of low sheen Solver Duraguard,letting the first coat dry for 24 hours as this paint has the capabilities of stopping tannin stains.
The walls when you take the wallpaper off will also need an oil based undercoat so the remaining glue does not react again.
Hope this helps,:eek:

I relaly like the Bohemian colour i have used that colour as well! Mostly for walls as it stays a modern look.

Painter...Did you get aloan for all that? I want to do what you did around this area etc and i have looked at properties./ Should i use equity and a loan? ANd do i start paying the loan as soon as its granted if so i want it built and rented asap! I have nmates that are plumbers and elec's etc so it might end up cheaper nad i have my own builder.

I just need the plans! :)

Land cost $98K (Advertised at 137K)
Build cost $180K = 240m2
Finish cost $30K
Total $310K
Value around 400K

Well doen Painter...
I believe if you can get the land at a good price that is the key to making a good/great profit.

BTW - What suburb?

Cheers
Sheryn

I relaly like the Bohemian colour i have used that colour as well! Mostly for walls as it stays a modern look.

Painter...Did you get aloan for all that? I want to do what you did around this area etc and i have looked at properties./ Should i use equity and a loan? ANd do i start paying the loan as soon as its granted if so i want it built and rented asap! I have nmates that are plumbers and elec's etc so it might end up cheaper nad i have my own builder.

I just need the plans! :)

I bought the land using cash therefore getting a much better buy,
I used the bank to build with so I could do progress payments and so I didn't have to have a joint account with the builder.
When the build is over,the loan will return again to LOC interest only.
I only did the painting and floor coverings ,landscaping myself this time,saving around 20K in doing so.
I signed with the builder at Christmas,so actually 8 months so far,
Holding cost can be a problem if you aren't aware of it or prepared for it.
I always prepare for 12 months from signing with builder to actually renting out and finished project.

Anywhere between here and Bris is good buying and cheap. I love the work. I can landcape paint and do floors etc.

Thats the one things holding costs. I couldnt pay the land with cash but i could afford a loan and paying it. But then banks are a little unwilling on that stuff!

Back