Fired- well that was unexpected.

Is 6 months viable and at what number of employees or business size?

6 months would suit a contract I'm looking at which is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, remote work

if my company required 6 months probation i'd choose a different company. I feel 3 months is adequate time to prove i know what I'm doing. Any longer smells like the employer isnt confident in my abilities and therefore not an environment i wish to be a part of.

if my company required 6 months probation i'd choose a different company. I feel 3 months is adequate time to prove i know what I'm doing. Any longer smells like the employer isnt confident in my abilities and therefore not an environment i wish to be a part of.

For small businesses, the probation period by law is one year. This is the time period wherein the employee can be removed without the usual warnings, letters, meetings and remediations that burden small employers.

For small businesses, the probation period by law is one year. This is the time period wherein the employee can be removed without the usual warnings, letters, meetings and remediations that burden small employers.

Similarly, for larger businesses, the probation period by law is 6 months. Lots of employers will have a clause in the contract saying that the probation period is 3 months, but it doesn't really mean anything. You can still only lodge an unfair dismissal claim after 6 months.

Back