First Investment Property, WA

If your budget is 400k i wouldnt waste my time with a 1br in bayswater in a block of 90. Id only suggest that if your budget was literally 200k, cuz its better than nothing.

You could look at a 2br unit within radius of the city, a villa a little further or maybe even a 3br duplex in northern suburbs.

But whats the overall plan? Dont buy a "property", buy progress instead.

I am looking in Albany for my next IP.... Do you know anything about that suburb? I know Terry Ryder has done a hotspotting report on it. 1 bedroom unit for $270K

My investment advisor and financial planner believes i should diversify into WA as i have my first 2 IPs in QLD.

Need to do my DD on it as i don't have any idea of the market over there.

Cheers

If you were going regional in WA I would pick Bunbury over Albany any day of the week.

Spent the w/end there and alot happening and it may be a good time to buy into this market because its still a buyers market, of course do your homework. There are many options, depending on your budget, land is cheap ie Australind, you could investigate land and house packages.

Not sure about this one, but may be worth a phone call to find out what you could do with this???
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-wa-bunbury-200531619

I think if you're happy to go dodgy then I'd do it closer to the city :)

I'd look at Fremantle, Highgate, Perth, East Perth, Dianella.

Don't mean to hi-jack, but does anyone have any investments in Highgate? If so, how do they compare against similar properties?

I spend a lot of my work time in Highgate and am yet to see a respectable part of it. Maybe I'm just exposed to the wrong crowd.

Hi

What are ppl view of an IP in Ascot, WA ? I know it is near the airport but is it really affected by the airport noise ?

Thank you

Have a look at the noise maps. It will show flight paths and degree of noise over the property.
And im not sure but it may be listed on the title if its in the red zone.

Cheers

Have a look at the noise maps. It will show flight paths and degree of noise over the property.

Cheers

Hi

I try looking at the Perth Airport noise map but couldn't make any sense of it and was hoping someone have some experience

Cheers

Cheers

And this is why I love ss! Brilliant thank you.

anyone that wants to know if a WA property has flight noise check this out

http://www.planning.wa.gov.au/dop_pub_pdf/Figure_1_Australian_Noise_Exposure_Forecast.pdf

Also found this..a good question to ask agents does the title have a section 70A notification?

(from website)
What is a Section 70A Notification?

A Section 70A Notification is registered on a property?s Certificate of Title to advise prospective buyers of potential circumstances that might impact the enjoyment of that property.

Back