First PPOR - Hills District

Really appreciate everyone's' responses to my questions!

I drove around the Hills area and very much like it. However, I also drove around North Rocks and quite like the peacefulness and leafy nature of the suburb. It's more affordable and allows me to buy a better property. Though I do understand I will need to drive to the train station everyday...

What do you all think about North Rocks as a suburb? And what about potential capital growth given the transport issues? Has North Rocks experienced good capital growth in the past?

Thanks
Propping

Really appreciate everyone's' responses to my questions!

I drove around the Hills area and very much like it. However, I also drove around North Rocks and quite like the peacefulness and leafy nature of the suburb. It's more affordable and allows me to buy a better property. Though I do understand I will need to drive to the train station everyday...

What do you all think about North Rocks as a suburb? And what about potential capital growth given the transport issues? Has North Rocks experienced good capital growth in the past?

Thanks
Propping

Hi Propping

I know the area well and have watched it change over the last 30 yrs so feel well qualified to respond here. The cheaper houses you'll see in NR are near the power lines that traverse the suburb- around the Murray Farm Rd area and the east side of NR Rd. You will pay more for homes closer to WPH and the bus stops along the M2 as city transport is well used in this area. The area behind the Westfield shopping centre is probably the "nicest" in the area and is made up of several renovated homes as well as some original houses- predominantly red brick built in the 1960's.
Please find attached a growth chart for this suburb. Like most in this area, cg slowed down in the 05-06 era (coming off the 03-04 boom) but has experienced positive growth since.

Attachments

• North Rocks 15-year_sales_&_growth_chart_1285562467958.pdf
    54.9 KB · Views: 119
Back