Fisher and Paykel service

I've got a F & P Dishdrawer that stopped working on Tuesday. It's done two washes per day for 5 years, so I've had my money's worth.

I called the F & P 1300 number on Wednesday. They were very good on the phone.

Booked a service call for Friday morning.

I got an SMS Thursday arvo reminding me of the appointment.

Then this morning at about 9am, the repairer called me to tell me he was 15 minutes away. He fixed the problem, advised me on the best setting to use in future, and when he noticed which powder I was using, he told me to switch powders.

I've had this sort of service from them before - washing machine that time.

I'll buy F & P again just because their service is so good.

Scott

u did well to get 5 years out of them

they have a bit of a bad rep in the longevity dept

But if they back it with such good levels of service !

ta
rolf

We have an Electrolux dishwasher. It stopped pumping water after only a few washes. Got it fixed under warranty. The drain pump impeller had come off the motor shaft. The repairer pushed it back on, he also replaced the door seal. Within a week it stopped pumping again, I found that the impeller was cracked and that's why it came off, $20 for a new pump and it was fixed.

Now it's out of warranty and it won't heat the water up most of the time. I've taken it to two repairers who can't find a problem with it (it works when they test it). I'm going to throw it in the tip and get a new one. If I spend $300 on a cheapy it will probably give 5 years of trouble free service, but if I spend $1500 on something good there is no gaurantee it will even last that long. I don't think I will buy a dishlex again (once bitten, twice shy)

Forget warranties I want a gaurantee - someone will come and wash the dishes until it's fixed.

Did you know that some extended warranties expire if they replace the goods? Lets say you have two year manufacturers warranty and pay extra to have a total of five year warranty. If your new whitegood blows up and gets replaced, you now only have a two year manuafacturers warranty.

I have a dishdraw dish washer and it was making wierd noises i called F&P warrenty and they said if its my fault i would have to pay $120 ok no problem. The warrenty guy came out removed the insides of the machine magically retrieved a smalle chicken bone and told me that it was my fault and it would cost $120. I just refused to pay, my reasoning being if i have to remove the inside parts to get to something its a design flaw and the filter should have caught the bone. He left a bit pissed off, I never heard back from them so i assume it was written off as a warrenty problem. Other then that I really like the dishwasher.

I have a dishdraw dish washer and it was making wierd noises i called F&P warrenty and they said if its my fault i would have to pay $120 ok no problem. The warrenty guy came out removed the insides of the machine magically retrieved a smalle chicken bone and told me that it was my fault and it would cost $120. I just refused to pay, my reasoning being if i have to remove the inside parts to get to something its a design flaw and the filter should have caught the bone. He left a bit pissed off, I never heard back from them so i assume it was written off as a warrenty problem. Other then that I really like the dishwasher.

I'd read the instructions re:maintenance to avoid future probelms.

I've got a F & P Dishdrawer that stopped working on Tuesday. It's done two washes per day for 5 years, so I've had my money's worth.

I called the F & P 1300 number on Wednesday. They were very good on the phone.

Booked a service call for Friday morning.

I got an SMS Thursday arvo reminding me of the appointment.

Then this morning at about 9am, the repairer called me to tell me he was 15 minutes away. He fixed the problem, advised me on the best setting to use in future, and when he noticed which powder I was using, he told me to switch powders.

I've had this sort of service from them before - washing machine that time.

I'll buy F & P again just because their service is so good.

Scott

Yep, I had a similar experience with the F&P washing machine a couple of months ago. The guy was out in a jiffy and had it all sorted within a half an hour.

Our F & P washing machine played up a few years ago after about 8 years of hard work.
So I called the 1300 number.
The lady I spoke to asked what it was doing.
'Uh huh.' She said. 'Have you got a cordless phone?'
'Yep.' I said.
'Right. Go and stand in front of the machine and lift the lid.'
So I did that.
Then she said, 'Grab the agitator - the thing sticking up in the middle - and slam it toward the rear right corner of the machine.'
I did that, too.
'C'mon,' she said. 'You can do better than that. Do it really hard.'
I made the observation that if she ever swapped call centre jobs she'd do well on a sex chat line. But I did what she said.
It worked! Apparently something needed resetting. But she said if it did it again I might need a service call. So far so good.
Scott

We have an Electrolux dishwasher. It stopped pumping water after only a few washes. Got it fixed under warranty. The drain pump impeller had come off the motor shaft. The repairer pushed it back on, he also replaced the door seal. Within a week it stopped pumping again, I found that the impeller was cracked and that's why it came off, $20 for a new pump and it was fixed.

Now it's out of warranty and it won't heat the water up most of the time. I've taken it to two repairers who can't find a problem with it (it works when they test it). I'm going to throw it in the tip and get a new one. If I spend $300 on a cheapy it will probably give 5 years of trouble free service, but if I spend $1500 on something good there is no gaurantee it will even last that long. I don't think I will buy a dishlex again (once bitten, twice shy)

Forget warranties I want a gaurantee - someone will come and wash the dishes until it's fixed.

Did you know that some extended warranties expire if they replace the goods? Lets say you have two year manufacturers warranty and pay extra to have a total of five year warranty. If your new whitegood blows up and gets replaced, you now only have a two year manuafacturers warranty.

In my experience with Dishwashers you're better off paying more for one of the good European brands , Miele, Astor etc.

I've had a Miele now for 15 years and it's still going strong and never had an issue in that time.

Our F & P washing machine played up a few years ago after about 8 years of hard work.
So I called the 1300 number.
The lady I spoke to asked what it was doing.
'Uh huh.' She said. 'Have you got a cordless phone?'
'Yep.' I said.
'Right. Go and stand in front of the machine and lift the lid.'
So I did that.
Then she said, 'Grab the agitator - the thing sticking up in the middle - and slam it toward the rear right corner of the machine.'
I did that, too.
'C'mon,' she said. 'You can do better than that. Do it really hard.'
I made the observation that if she ever swapped call centre jobs she'd do well on a sex chat line. But I did what she said.
It worked! Apparently something needed resetting. But she said if it did it again I might need a service call. So far so good.
Scott
Haha, probably explains why the repair man was able to fix my machine so quickly when he visited. There was quite a lot of loud banging.

I had the same probs. they replaced just about everything on it while it was under warranty. They came out about 10 times. It has worked really well for a few years now since that.

Interesting info re: extended warranty. I did that for our new oven that we've had heaps of probs with and about to get them out for second time.

Back