Floor Plan - feedback appreciated

Hi everyone:

I've been provided an option to buy a 3bdrm double story townhouse off the plan that is one of 4 units located in the inner western suburbs on Melbourne.

The 3 bedrooms are located upstairs: master with an en-suite but only a toilet in the common area upstairs. The other bathroom is downstairs near the stairs with shower, bath & toilet.

My wife has said this is completely impractical for people who need to use the other bathroom for showers etc (which after thinking through I tend to agree). Whilst the deal looks ok financially and the person offering is confident on it renting I'm concerned that something like this will be difficult to rent, or have high turnover of renters and in the end won't appreciate as I would expect.

Note: I've asked if they could amend the plan as 1 of the other townhouses has the other bathroom upstairs but the feedback was cost to resubmit plans and change could be high.

Would appreciate any input.

Thanks
Ron

The 3 bedrooms are located upstairs: master with an en-suite but only a toilet in the common area upstairs. The other bathroom is downstairs near the stairs with shower, bath & toilet.

My wife has said this is completely impractical for people who need to use the other bathroom for showers etc (which after thinking through I tend to agree).

I agree with Wifey

the person offering is confident on it renting

Maybe cause they get a nice healthy commission if you buy it :D

Would appreciate any input.

I'd avoid almost entirely because of bathroom situation - who'd want to be going up and down stairs to take a shower!

This goes to show you how important a woman's opinion is. If your wife doesn't like it - what makes you think other people/couples (Who have a female partner) won't think the same? Make the woman happy - and you've got a deal!

This goes to show you how important a woman's opinion is. If your wife doesn't like it - what makes you think other people/couples (Who have a female partner) won't think the same? Make the woman happy - and you've got a deal!

Doesnt need to be a woman, but couldnt agree more with getting the opinion of someone who isnt wrapped up in investorland. Its so easy to get tied up thinking about yields, capital growth and depreciation, when sometimes it just needs some practical perspective.

Back