Floor sander

We would like to get the pine floorboards polished in our IP but I'm having troubles locating floor sanders who return calls.
Can anyone recommend a reliable person who services Frankston, VIC area please?
Many thanks.

Do it yourself?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Try one of the online sites for getting tradies. I have had great success with two of them:

Serviceseeking.com.au and hipages.com.au

You post a job and wait for responses. And when people respond, you can check reviews of them by people who have used them previously.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Try one of the online sites for getting tradies. I have had great success with two of them:

Serviceseeking.com.au and hipages.com.au

You post a job and wait for responses. And when people respond, you can check reviews of them by people who have used them previously.

Scott, how much did you pay for their services?
I am also in the process of wanting to sand my veranda

PM neeko - he's done all this kind of stuff. Not sure if he had the floors done or did them himself but he's from Franga and probably knows a few names.

I've done floor sanding for a cheap job where the quality wasn't important. I did it on separate occasions for six units in the one block.

The difference between my job and a professional job was huge. But it was at the bottom end of the market.

I've had a granny flat builder sourced from Serviceseeking.com

After posting the job on Service Central I've had 2 companies contact me. I'm arranging to get access to the property on Wednesday for the trades to come and measure and quote.
One company was strongly recommending water based poly. Anyone have any experience with water based poly in a rental and how long it lasted?
I've done a bit of research and the general consensus seemed that it's not as good as oil poly, and it's much dearer than oil based poly (about $10m2 more). Benefits of water based are less discoloration and less smell, but that seemed to be about the only benefits I could find.

Also what do people think about floorboards in the bedrooms instead of carpets? We still can't decide on this point. Carpet quotes have come in at $1500 just for the 3 bedrooms (polypropylene), it's a lot more expensive than I thought it was going to be.

Personally I prefer floorboards all 'round.

Would even go so far as to say I hate carpets and never want to live with one again.

I'd talk to a property manager and find out what tenants prefer in your area.

In Canberra, where it gets cold, floorboards in the living area are fine but tenants prefer carpets in bedrooms.

Back