floor sanding price

hey guys nick here.

just wondering what price a floor sander will be looking for one around Frankston/ MP area to do:
kitchen, lounge, dining and hallway.

if someone can recommend me a guy or a rough price Per sqm that would be much appreciated

Dave's figures sound about right. You may find also that floor sanders will charge a base fee regardless of the amount of area to be sanded, otherwise they feel it is not worth their time.

A number of floor sanders (from my exp in NSW though) will charge based on something like a minimum 25-30sqm, which for me would have worked out about $700 or $800 base, and anything over 30sqm gets charged at the per sqm rate on top.

The house I'm living in ATM the lady who lived here before me got it done ....my god it's a woeful job!!!!! The holes aren't filled in! The colour wasn't even and it makes the floor look so dirty!!

Typically 35-40 per square metre for prep, fill,sand and two coats of polyurethane

floor sanders up in sydney must be driving very nice cars lol!

most guys start at around $25 - 30 per square metre, if the floor is in particularly bad shape and/or staining, tinting or a certain type of polish other than the standard polyurethane is required then yes you will start paying prices upwards of $35-40 and higher.

im in melbourne though so rates here might differ to those in sydney

I find $35-$40 sqm is a good worst cast budget figure for flooring where carpet removal, nail strips, filling, nail punch downs etc are required. If its a resand/polish of existing then it will be lower. Also watch out for $25-30 per sqm then they add on GST so you are at $27.50-$33 per square metre :)

I find $35-$40 sqm is a good worst cast budget figure for flooring where carpet removal, nail strips, filling, nail punch downs etc are required. If its a resand/polish of existing then it will be lower.

fair enough, if you budget $35-40 then that should cover all your bases

Also watch out for $25-30 per sqm then they add on GST so you are at $27.50-$33 per square metre :)

that is correct ;) but you'll probably find that happens everywhere

I've recommended this guy a few times, he's based in Langwarrin. He pulled up our old rotten Baltic floor, relaid a reclaimed Tassie Oak floor, sanded it and clear coated it.

Awesome attention to detail and the quality of his sanding and staining was outstanding.

Tell him Tony from Somerville sent you...

http://www.clintfudgefloorsanding.com.au/

As for costs, depends what you want. Clear coat is cheapest, tinted coat next and stain and coat a lot more expensive. From memory we were around $35 m2 for a sand & clear coat and around $50+ m2 for sand, stain and clear coat.

We went plain sand and gloss clear coat in the end and it looks sensational. It was done almost 2 years ago and still looks awesome.

we are in Syd and we did our house for $30sqm the floors had never been touched before and had all this black stuff on top of them. really happy with the job also.:)

I got my IP (3bed, 1 living) floor sanded and polished for $1150. I have removed the carpet myself, but they took care of the nails, etc.
Was not a bad job either.

Back