Flying to Qld...

Hello Qld forumites...

The family is taking a holiday in April to unwind a bit.

We'll be spending 4 days in Brisbane from 13th to the 16th of April....and then a week or two with rellies up in the Bowen / Prosperpine / Collinsville area.

If anyone would like to catch up and have a chinwag about property, that would be great.

I caught up with two members of the forum last week for dinner here in Perth, we chatted non-stop for over 3.5 hours and had a cracking good time.

Anyway, if you're interested, give us a hoy. :)

Count me in. I am sailing in Whitsundays for the week 14th April then will be around and about the area for a few days afterwards...

Cheers,

Hi Dazz,
would you be interested in talking about the cost of tv antennas?
or dishwashers?
you see I have this tenant who...........................................

Count me in...

Hi Dazzling,

Would love to be part of a SS catchup (or intro really in my case...)

Look forward to catching up.

Cheers,
Horizon

Hi Daz

Congratulations on your decision to do the LOE jump, well done, and yes I'd love to meet up in Brisbane somewhere if that suits. I should be around in mid April.

Cheers

kaf

Daz

Would love to meet up in Brissie in mid-April - if we are going to be here. Depends on the vagaries of hubby's roster - should know that by late March. Please let me know when everyone has decided on a date/place, and we'll be there if we possibly can!

Cheers
LynnH

You're on!

You're on for a visit. Give us a pm where an when and we'll drive in to Brisbane to meet with you. I have marked 13th to 16th April on my calendar so I keep that time clear. :)

Well, the time is nearly here for us all to give work the big heave-ho and step on the plane for our holiday.

I have absolutely no clue about Brissy, but a map and a few wrong turns should see us OK. We are staying in a suburb called Auchenflower wherever the hell that is.

If anyone is interested in a chinwag about property, I'm happy to catch up for a meal and a few bevvies.

....actually, I should clarify "anyone".....it'd be helpful if you were engrossingly interesting and up for a laugh or three.

The Mrs finds property and anything to do with it mind numbingly boring, so it'll probably be just myself.....but if there are any saucy minx's in Brissy then she reckons she better tag along to keep me on the straight and narrow. ;)

Haven't been in Qld since I lived in outback Roma back in '95, so I imagine she's changed a bit. Is Sir Joh still Premier ???

....actually, I should clarify "anyone".....it'd be helpful if you were engrossingly interesting and up for a laugh or three.

Buggar - can manage up for a laugh, but can't say I would fall into the engrossingly interesting category :rolleyes:

Luckily for you, we can't manage to get to Brissy on those days. Mr Sunshine was keen to invite you up to our neck of the woods for a gander and a bit of a natter, but unfortunately will be away for work.

Hope you and the family have a great holiday :)

Sunshine

well I will entertain you on the coast of gold, still there doing a major reno.

the fermented grape at broadbeach has a $9 wine buffet every night:D:D

Auchenflower is nice, Dazzling... I'll take the initiative and make a proposal: what about a "counter meal" at the (nearby) Regatta Hotel in Toowong? I confess I've not been there :eek: but it's rather a landmark and I've heard it's very nice; it's certainly "very Brisbane". (Perhaps they'll offer pumpkin scones for dessert.)

As for the date, I'd love to meet Simon, too; so Simon, are you available in Brisbane Sunday 13th, Monday 14th, or Tuesday 15th for an evening of scintillating company? (At least I've heard that sometimes scintillating people go there. :D)

Great Suggestion Tracey, given where Dazzling and family are staying, albeit on the wrong side of the river :). Keen to meet up with Dazzling and others for a chinwag. Better get working on the “engrossingly interesting” material though…

Cheers,
Horizon

Good onya Tracey. Great suggestion.

Out of the 4 days we are in Brissy, I reckon Sunday night at 6:30pm might be the best night to catch up. If anyone is willing to give up "The Biggest Loser" or Sixty Minutes to catch up, that'd be cool bananas.

Your Regatta Hotel suggestion looks and sounds like a winner. :)

Your Regatta Hotel suggestion looks and sounds like a winner. :)

Gosh this takes me back in time...must be 30 odd years since I visited the Regatta! Twas our local watering hole when I was at uni.:) Mmmmm... the memories!

Pity you are not coming up to Cairns...as Bowen is just down the road a bit!:D

...must be 30 odd years since I visited the Regatta! Twas our local watering hole when I was at uni.:) Mmmmm... the memories!

Sailor

The Regatta still is, but it's the up-market watering hole these days - had quite a face-lift a couple of years ago! (the 'more impoverished' students usually drink at the Royal Exchange at Toowong - or so my girls tell me).

Daz

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend - we're out-of-town until late on the Monday. Was looking forward to meeting up with everyone, too - perhaps next time? Maybe visiting the 'rellies' could become an annual event when you retire, Daz?? :D:p

Cheers
LynnH

Why not BP....more the merrier.....I think that makes 3 or 4 so far. Be good to get a few more.....are you up for it Brenda ?? Always good to have at least one published legend in the group.

Date : Sunday 13th
Time : 6:30pm
Place : Regatta Hotel

How on Earth are we going to recognise each other ??

I'm about 5'2", slightly built with bright orange hair. I'll be wearing a flowing purple sarong with accompanying green and lilac kaftan.

Hi Daz

I'm fishing in Sydney on Friday/Saturday but should be back in time for Sunday night. Delayed gratification thing. Looking forward to dinner and beer or three.

Hope a few more attend. I'll be the kiwi wearing 100% wool mittens. Listening to slice of heaven and wearing the all blacks jumper.

I'l meet you at the baaaaaaaaar.

Aaron

Last edited:
Back