Flying to Qld...

I'd also like to attend. Sunday nights are usually pretty uneventful around here, so I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to meeting some forumites.

RK

Dazzling said:
I'm about 5'2", slightly built with bright orange hair. I'll be wearing a flowing purple sarong with accompanying green and lilac kaftan.

aaarghhh said:
I'll be the kiwi wearing 100% wool mittens. Listening to slice of heaven and wearing the all blacks jumper.

Sounds like an interesting event (just for the clothes). Can someone take photos? :D

How on Earth are we going to recognise each other ??

I'm about 5'2", slightly built with bright orange hair. I'll be wearing a flowing purple sarong with accompanying green and lilac kaftan.

Sounds as though it's going to be a fun night - am sorry I'm going to miss it! :D

Cheers
LynnH

I think that makes 3 or 4 so far. Be good to get a few more.....are you up for it Brenda ?? Always good to have at least one published legend in the group.

I am locked in, and looking forward to catching up. As a long time reader, seldom poster, I would welcome the opportunity to catch-up with some more of the SS crew.

How on Earth are we going to recognise each other ??

Dazzling, you would fit right in during O-week at this pub... At least, back in the day.

Perhaps as Tracey's name (and face due to the latest API) is known to us, we book a table in her name? Of course 10 people turning up and asking for Mr Dazzling's table does sound like the makings of a memorable night...

Cheers,
Horizon

Sure, everybody who wants to come can PM me so I can make a booking, and I'll confirm receipt with you. Dazzling, Horizon, Aaarghhh, backpacker, rkordic - got you already, that makes 6 thus far.

Hello guys.

It was great to put faces to names. Have a good trip Dazz.

I'm looking forward to the next time.;)

Aaarghhh and Mrs Aaarghhh.

It was great to put faces to names. Have a good trip Dazz.

I second that! I felt a little under dressed sitting between Dazzling in the kaftan, and Aaarghhh in the All blacks attire, but soon got over that once the conversation got flowing...

Great speaking with all who came along, and certainly assists with my thoughts along the similar lines of GoAnna!'s lonely road thread. I picked up soooo many little gems (at least at my point on the IP journey)

Enjoy the rest of your trip Dazzling and family!

Great evening, seven investors having a gab and enjoying each others' company. We had kaf (Kerstin), rkordic (Renate), Dazzling (Darryl), Horizon (Sean), Aaarghhh (Aaron) and Mrs Aaarghhh (Treena), and me ozperp (Tracey). It was great to pick each others' brains, exchange stories, and have a laugh. All in all a most pleasant evening; thank you all for coming!

For the locals: we must do it again. :D

Wonder what happened to backpacker? :confused:

Hi Tracy

Sorry. We were on our way there and wife got cold feet about meeting new people. Look forward to meeting with you in the future. We are keen to look at student accommodation.

Take care

BP

For the locals: we must do it again. :D

Sounds great, Tracey! Please let me know when the next gathering is!

I have gotta admit to being somewhat (nah, extremely!!!) curious, but ..... did Daz actually turn up dressed like this???

Cheers
LynnH

OK, a few people have shown interest, so as I'm a "born organiser" :D, perhaps I'll pull my finger out and sort out a regular gathering in the inner west... PM me as to what your thoughts are on:

* frequency (fortnightly? monthly? every 2 months? sporadically?)
* when - morning/noon/night, weekday/weekend etc
* where - suburb-wise - because I'm organising, I'd like it to be westside :D - what about Toowong? Not too far out from CBD if those from other areas want to venture out... Other options: Milton, Indooroopilly

LynnH, nah Dazzling was being most unkind to himself - he's more like 5'3", and his hair is really more red than orange. The sarong and kaftan sounds like a strange outfit, but somehow he managed to pull it off.

Sorry we missed you, BP, it was a great night. Maybe next time?

Hi Tracy

Sounds great. We live in St Lucia and look forward to meeting you. Currently I'm concentrating on property investment fulltime and loving every minute.

Regards, Neil

LynnH, nah Dazzling was being most unkind to himself - he's more like 5'3", and his hair is really more red than orange. The sarong and kaftan sounds like a strange outfit, but somehow he managed to pull it off.

Yeah I didn't expect a Lee Major look-alike in a Kaftan either but you know the people from the West are a bit different :D.

Again, thanks everyone who was there - it was very nice to meet you all and I'd love to meet up again!

kaf

Yeah I didn't expect a Lee Major look-alike in a Kaftan either but you know the people from the West are a bit different :D.kaf

kaf

The last nine words said it all!! (I know I'm going to pay for that remark! :eek:)

Thanks kaf and Tracey for giving me some laughs for the day! :D

Cheers
Lynn

Back