Football clubs ...

Two hat tricks this weekend .

Not only did the swans , sydney FC and crystal palace have convincing wins , but yannick bolasie scored palaces first ever premiere league hat trick , but he did it in 11 mins , putting it in to the top ten of fastest hat tricks ever .

Cooool

Cliff

What a game ...

Swans four points winners over Hawthorne

73 to 69

It's the game the grand final should have been regardless of who won .

Tough , hard footy with the game up for grabs / in doubt in the last minute.

even starting to see glimpses of Adam Goodes making an impact rather than the passenger he's been for most of the season an Sam Reid having oneofhis best games for the Swans .

Go Swannies !!!!

Cliff

In what I hope turns out to be one on the best thought out moves in recent years in Aussie football .

Massimo longo has moved to QPR who have just been demoted to the championship .

He was being sort after by other clubs , including some premier league clubs including my team crystal palace . In crystal palaces situation they have several established midfielders and the competition for places is hot .

He would not have been assured of a starting place .

Going to a big club with expectations , but in the championship as a highly priced recruit , he is more assured of game time , and if they win promotion to the premier league , he goes there ( hopefully ) as an established key player of the team. He is also going to a manager who he knows and has worked under .

To establish himself as the budding star Socceroo supporters believe him to be
he needs regular playing .

My hope is that at the next World Cup , everyone will be watching his play in amazement as a true star on the world stage and wondering how far the Socceroos can go .

Cliff

Thought west coast were going to have an awful season as too many players out injured/retired, but they're really working together a lot better.

Playing some more challenging teams over the next few weeks, should be telling.

In what I hope turns out to be one on the best thought out moves in recent years in Aussie football .

Massimo longo has moved to QPR who have just been demoted to the championship .

I really hope it works out for him. I think it's the right move, for the reasons you've mentioned (more likely to be in starting XI and an important player, familiar manager).

It seems like a fairly considered move, which is great. Plenty of players would have jumped straight to the Premier League, sat on the bench for a year or two and wound up back in the Championship anyway.

I really hope it works out for him. I think it's the right move, for the reasons you've mentioned (more likely to be in starting XI and an important player, familiar manager).

It seems like a fairly considered move, which is great. Plenty of players would have jumped straight to the Premier League, sat on the bench for a year or two and wound up back in the Championship anyway.

A great contrast is what happened to Mark Milligan . After leaving Sydney FC where he was one of my fav players , he had a trial with arsenal and didn't make it , then disappeared of and I think ended up in Japan .

If he had signed with an ambitious championship club , in his early 20's I believe he would now have spent several years playing at a high level in the EPL or a similar league .

He's always wanted to go straight in at that level and was too impatient .

Cliff

Thought west coast were going to have an awful season as too many players out injured/retired, but they're really working together a lot better.

Playing some more challenging teams over the next few weeks, should be telling.

So they"re playing GWS ... :D . Surprise packet of the season so far ....

Cliff

Back