Football clubs ...

I've no doubt they will be back down under again, probably in a few years.
Put the trip to Anfield on your bucket list....I actually was there for league match v Man U about 6 years ago....first time we had beaten them at Anfield for 7 years. It's quite a small stadium by Aussie standards but has so much history!

There was a rumour not long ago that Liverpool were in talks to play a game in Brisbane in July 2015 against Brisbane Roar.

There was a rumour not long ago that Liverpool were in talks to play a game in Brisbane in July 2015 against Brisbane Roar.

Fingers crossed!!! I doubt they'll make it out here twice in two years...

Never been to Suncorp either - so itd be nice checking it out too.

On a crystal palace theme today .

I just got my best ever present from a patient today.

Normally it's chocolates or a bottle of wine , but today , direct from the UK, a crystal palace scarf :D

Cliff

Well that was timely....

Watched the match this morning and can't say it's the result I wanted :(

Still, nice to see Jedinak score a cracker...

What an atmostphere they have there at Selhurst park....

Has anyone been watching the Asia Cup? The Aussies are up next. Not a bad team now. Still, Japan the one to beat with Iran as the smokey.

So long until football season begins :(

Well the Nab cup is on us now , but the swannies never worry about it . More a chance to tryout new players .

Crystal palace had a 3-1 win against QPR overnight so they're looking safe and Sydney FC are on a role , so things looking ok at the moment .

Cliff

Socceroo's on fire

Brilliant performance by my favourite football team this morning .

2-2 against Germany , the current world champions .

Missing three of their best performers at the Asian cup , the socceroo's created more good opportunities against a world class team than I've ever seen before and were unlucky not to win , leading up to the 80th minute .

Go Ange !!!!

Cliff

2 out of three ain't bad

Ok , so Sydney lost 1-0 to ADELAIDE , but it took a man of the round performance by ADELAIDE goalie ,galakovic to do it .

Now to the good news . You have to fell a little bit sorry for Essendon . 41 points up deep into the third quarter , then the swannies woke up and kicked 8 unanswerd goals to run out narrow winners .

And the high light .

CRYSTAL PALACE 2 MANCHESTER CITY 1 :D

Two seasons in a row now palace have put a major dent in a title aspirants dreams . Last year coming from 3 nil down 11 minutes to go to snatch a 3-3 draw with Liverpool . Now beating the reigning champions .

Yeeeee ha !!!!

Cliff

I tipped Essendon, mostly because I wanted to be a contrarian but also because they won their court case last week to give them the green light to continue their drug regime.

Got two tickets to see Liverpool vs Roar in July, might even see Redom there.

League position is woeful though. Lost 1-4 against Arsenal last weekend to have any hope of a top 4 finish extinguished.

Got two tickets to see Liverpool vs Roar in July, might even see Redom there.

League position is woeful though. Lost 1-4 against Arsenal last weekend to have any hope of a top 4 finish extinguished.

Not looking like they have any chance to qualify for the Champions league next season unfortunately. Hopefully they can hold on to Raheem Sterling

Swans vs Port Adelaide

Two of the premeirship favourites .

Sydney are notoriously slow starters in the season , often not biting their peak until around 1/3 of the season has passed .

Today ... Arm wrestle for the first quarter with 13 mins before the first goal was scored . High , finals like intensity .

After that it was more like a demolition derby as the swans dominated port Adelaide .

92 - 44

Cliff

Back