Football clubs ...

5 Time WC winners.
All time greatest player to put on a football boot - Pele
Almost every well known football club has a Brazilian player in it.
37 years Never lost a competitive match at home until yesterday.
R9 had most goals ever scored in a world cup until yesterday.
Best style of play when you compare with European teams, this bunch might have failed but they have been dominating for years.

Proud of Brazil, they are the KINGS of football.

Most people have NFI about football but come out every 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe just stick to the game itself. :confused:

Wow....4 goals in 6 minutes. Good to watch.

5 Time WC winners.
All time greatest player to put on a football boot - Pele
Almost every well known football club has a Brazilian player in it.
37 years Never lost a competitive match at home until yesterday.
R9 had most goals ever scored in a world cup until yesterday.
Best style of play when you compare with European teams, this bunch might have failed but they have been dominating for years.

Proud of Brazil, they are the KINGS of football.

Most people have NFI about football but come out every 4 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys what are your thoughts from here? I say Germany have this. Netherlands while good have some defensive worries. Need a great defence against the Germans. And if Robben goes down, well.....

Can't see the Argentinians posing any danger either. Germans are too superior.

Oscar

AFL

Port in all sort of issues.

Dockers fell over (again)

Geelong JUST won against GWS. Not good.

Sydney can get even more ahead with a Win over Hawthorn.

Looking good, very good, thinking of gong to the G nest week?

Went last year and Hawthorn thrashed us!

Took my 7 year old daughter who is very logical and she said " Daddy, why did we come when the other team wins" I said "well I don't know that" so the question is: will Sydney do over Hawthorn?

Peter 14.7

Another round of upsets and near misses .

In previous seasons the swans have needed a loss close to the end to remind them that they can loose games , but they're looking so good at the moment I'm starting to wonder if they can go through the rest of the season undefeated ...

Cliff

Now I've said that , they're bound to loose against hawthorn.....

Another round of upsets and near misses .

Carlton over North (but North are inconsistant at best anyway)
St Kilda over Freo was pretty big
Main part was, Demons, Bulldogs and Giants all very almost beat Port, Essendon and Geelong respectively and would have made for a very interesting last few games in terms of points on the ladder.

I dont think any game for any team is ever a given. And I like it like that.

Carlton over North (but North are inconsistant at best anyway)
St Kilda over Freo was pretty big
Main part was, Demons, Bulldogs and Giants all very almost beat Port, Essendon and Geelong respectively and would have made for a very interesting last few games in terms of points on the ladder.

I dont think any game for any team is ever a given. And I like it like that.

So agree. Love the never knowing stuff.

I think we are also seeing the effect of the new teams in GWS and GC coming through. The best in the draft have gone there so other teams higher up and struggling with older players. So wanted the Doggies to get up.

Port is the one in crisis. Almost lost to Melbourne now Giants.

Sydney is starting to look the favourite to go through.

In the end, it all comes down to injuries. We lose Buddy and then Tippet and it is all over for Sydney. We have midfielders but take them out and we are back in the middle.

Peter

Sydney is starting to look the favourite to go through.

In the end, it all comes down to injuries. We lose Buddy and then Tippet and it is all over for Sydney. We have midfielders but take them out and we are back in the middle.

Peter

I wish West Coast wasnt in the phase its in, I'd love another 05/06 :)

I wish West Coast wasnt in the phase its in, I'd love another 05/06 :)

Yes two of the great if not the greatest GFs.

If only Teddy Richards had not been tackled in the dying seconds, if he had kicked even a point.....of well. If only the long kick with 15 seconds to go to a forward pack had not been snatched by Leo Barry!

West Coast will come back.

Sydney is very lucky, not the COLA stuff but the fact it is not an AFL mad town. The players get all the $ benefits sponsor wise but can walk the shops and be one of the crowd. I think it helps them focus away from the arm chair experts and builds the bloods culture of being an AFL outpost.

Sadly, Sydney plays finals at ANZ which does not give as much home advantage as others.

Better than travelling.

Peter

Ok , so swans have had the loss they had to have .

Going down by only ten points when their midfield had one of its worse games ever , buddy had his boots on the wrong feet , Hanners and shaw to come back.

My only concern was when they subbed Heath Grundy off at 3/4 time . Was he injured ? No reports to that effect after the game .

I was wondering if it was a tactical move ... ie let's see how the defence copes if we take one of our two ( seemingly indestructible ) key defenders off .

I also saw something happen which I know I'll never see again . Nick Smith pass to an opposition player in his own 50 . Take out that and the mark that wasn't paid to goodsey with four mins to go ....

Cliff

The first ever FFA Cup games will take place tomorrow night.

Four games are scheduled for Game Day 1, with the remaining 12 played over the next few weeks.

The first set of games involve a few ex-National Soccer League clubs - Brisbane Strikers, Melbourne Knights and Sydney Olympic.

Going to be a cracker of a competition.

Back