Football clubs ...

The first ever FFA Cup games will take place tomorrow night.

Four games are scheduled for Game Day 1, with the remaining 12 played over the next few weeks.

The first set of games involve a few ex-National Soccer League clubs - Brisbane Strikers, Melbourne Knights and Sydney Olympic.

Going to be a cracker of a competition.

First game ... Thought they'd been having games for a few months too weed out the lambs to go into the slaughter ....

I noticed there's a game at Cromer park which I don't think is too far from me . Thinking of going to see it .

Cliff

Can't go past a swans hawks Match. Swans to win . That'll give them three in ten years .

Cliff

Me too. And I see the weekends loss as good(es) thing!

Teams that go in very undefeated can lose the big one because they don't know what to do when in a losing position.

Look at Hawthorn over Geelong. Sydney over Hawthorn. Everyone over St Kilda. Only 6 of the last 13 premiers went on to win the GF. Less than 50%.

Whats matters is being 1 or 2 and getting home final. Winning that. Then the rest is earned. Primed to make the GF.

1 or 2 Sydney should play cats, freo or port. All good games to win. Leave Hawks to be beaten up , hopefully, and then meet them in the GF.

I think SS have good run home.

But showing my even hand, Sydney looked terrible in the last quarter. Seemingly Lost and could have gone under by 30 points. Was lucky not to.

Peter

But showing my even hand, Sydney looked terrible in the last quarter. Seemingly Lost and could have gone under by 30 points. Was lucky not to.

Peter

Yep , They played badly , Several of their top players had bad games , a couple of differnt decisions and they could have won and they only lost by 10 points .

Lots of upside from my view point.

Cliff

First game ... Thought they'd been having games for a few months too weed out the lambs to go into the slaughter ....

I noticed there's a game at Cromer park which I don't think is too far from me . Thinking of going to see it .

Cliff

There's been qualifiers since February, but tonight is the first official FFA Cup game.

Crystal palace have had an interesting start to the season.

Loosing their manager , tony Pullis 48 hours before the start of the season , then unlucky to go down to arsenal 2 : 1

Tony Popovic is one of the people in running to be their new manager.

Saw this article which rates Palace's and Australians Captain as the best Defensive midfielder in the EPL for last season ....

http://eplindex.com/57557/top-ten-d...al-comparison-jedinak-arteta-tiote-lucas.html

Cliff

Sydney did the job and in the box seat.

A few comments on AFL:

Sydney did the job and in the box seat. Great win on the weekend less the injury to J Kennedy. He should be good it seems.

Big risk game for Sydney in Richmond last round, if they are still in the hunt for position 8.

Surprised by Freo over Hawks.

Next week Geelong V Hawks a bug game. Geelong appears to be the weakness of the top 4. Just beat Carlton! Expect Hawks to do them and move to 2nd thereby guaranteeing Sydney Minor Premier. But then we would play Freo in final and they were scary on the weekend. Rather have Geelong.

Bottom and Top 8 AFL is fascinating at the moment with it being a open ladder. A real chance for a bottom 8 team to win in the prelim final.

In the end, wing the first final and week off is still a MASSIVE advantage.

Sydney still favourite for me even removing my biases but Hawthorn and Freo could also win it.

Oh yeah, Buddy was awesome.

Peter

Sydney were in cruise control against Richmond and they still nearly won .

But that's not by grip today . Spent several hours moving rocks down at the waterfront and came up to watch the replay of Newcastle vs Palace that was meant to start playing at 1 pm on FOXTEL ..

Grrrr .

Some stupid tennis match is running over time ...

Surely the clowns at foxtel know that a palace game is more important than Kyrgios vs Robredo ......:eek:

Cliff

Yes agree Swans did not care to win or lose and really, as an ex childhood Tiger supporter, good on them for letting Richmond in with a chance.

No one can use the word "tanked" but Sydney clearing did some weird placements, and seemed fixated on centring the ball to a tiger player.

I wish Richmond was a real chance but I saw enough to say I don't give them much more than one game in the Finals.

So Sydney plays Freo in what will be tough match. Geelong is softer.

Only issue is the real fitness of Pyke?

Peter

No one can use the word "tanked" but Sydney clearing did some weird placements, and seemed fixated on centring the ball to a tiger player.

I wish Richmond was a real chance but I saw enough to say I don't give them much more than one game in the Finals.

So Sydney plays Freo in what will be tough match. Geelong is softer.

Only issue is the real fitness of Pyke?

Peter

Pyke's meant to be sick .

Freo next week then Geelong two weeks after and the hawks after that .

I thought Tom Mitchell and Jetta did some lovely penetrating pin point kicks to unmarked Richmond defenders in their 50 .......

Cliff

Apart from port Adelaide over Richmond I think I'd disagree with all of your first round picks .

Ahhh

So that's where my alcoholic ginger beer went too.

It wasn't the kids

Cliff

Same end result per 10 posts up

Actually no .

I think the end result will be a Sydney Hawthorne GF . Don't think Freo are in the same class . They have some very good players , but not sure about their depth .

When you consider that Ryan o'keefe the norm smith medalist from 2012 isn't able to break in .....

At this stage I also think Goodes should hang up the boots at the end of the year . Against Richmond he looked a little bit clumsy on a couple of occasions , though he does still do occasional bits of magic . At this stage they should be letting towers and membrey fight it out as the 3-4 mobile tall along with rohan who for me has just been getting better and better in recent weeks.

I think horse has to give Adam the tap . The GF as his final game . What a motivator ....

Also gives them more room in the salary cap to maybe keep malchevski

Certainly the best player the swans have had in the last 30 years . If he stays he runs the risk of having what happened to Rhino happen to him .

Three premierships , two Brownlows .

Cliff

Back