Football clubs ...

He's a good player but the writhing around on the ground when he got sent off against FC was seriously one of the most pitifull things I've seen on a football field .

Cliff

Brisbane 2 Western Sydney 1

Gaem was a bit Scrappy in the first half but came to life in the second. Wanderers 4 mins away from winning when that man Berisha chipped in with a great equalizer .

Extra time , cliff hanger with Brisbane ( probably justifiably ) winning .

No Fairy tale this year .

Next Year FC vs wanderers in front of 80,000 at ANZ. Something to look froward to :D

Cliff

Haha yep the only thing sweeter than port winning is the crows losing to a team like Melbourne! Got even better today when port beat the crows in the sanfl!!

That'll go down as one of Palaces best games ... Along with getting into the FA Cup against Man U .

11 mins to go . Liverpool 3-0 up and in Cruise control .

Double sub and 11 mins later it's 3 all . A brace from Gayle and Liverpool's championship dreams on Life support

WOW...

Cliff

Brisbane Roar - the most successful club in the A-League's (short) history. Brilliant atmosphere for Orange Sunday 3, and as usual we had to do it the hard way.

It's crazy that the earliest we've scored in a Grand Final is the 84th minute, and yet we've won all three.

Liverpool...Not much to say other than I can't believe we let that lead slip. Devastated.

Huge fans of arsenal when they have patrick viera, tony adams. Also love andy cole and dwight yorke in the mu front. They lost their magic now

15 years ago Graham Arnold was a mediocre coach at Northern Spirit coaching a style which had it's fans ( including me ) groaning in the stands at it's predictability but after a ten year apprenticeship as an assistant coach with the Socceroos including time under Guus Hiddink , probably one of the best coaches in the world in recent times , he's improved . Three top two finishes , a premieres plate and a championship at Central coast with a shoe string budget

If he'd been announced as the inaugural coach of FC I'd have been at the barricades in protest , but fast forward 9 years I'm really looking forward to what he can bring to Sydney FC.

Cliff

What a week
Palace 3/3 against Liverpool . Three goals in last 11 mins in what will go down in palace folklore as one of their greatest ever results .

FC finally get their man , Arnie.

Then the Swannies beat hawthorn :). Given it was the first time they'd had their four big forwards playing together , all four were coming back from long injury layoffs , I expected them to be top heavy and lacking coherence and get beaten by the hawks , but apart from buddy kicking 7 points straight in the first three quarters , the experiment is off to a good start .

Cliff

Then the Swannies beat hawthorn :). Given it was the first time they'd had their four big forwards playing together , all four were coming back from long injury layoffs , I expected them to be top heavy and lacking coherence and get beaten by the hawks , but apart from buddy kicking 7 points straight in the first three quarters , the experiment is off to a good start .

Cliff

Great Game Cliff.

The first two quarters or so was truly ferocious swans. Had they even got 50% return on the misses into goals, it would have been all over and the AFL world shaking in their boots at the prospect of Sydney's Monster Forward Line.

Next week, if all forwards are there, and it is dry, and with the same passion in the midfield, they should do Essendon by 50 points.

Although, it must be stated, Hawthorn was well undermanned.

Peter

Life long Liverpool fan. The dream died yesterday early morning.

Fatal slip by Gerrard. If not because of that probably will take a point from Chelsea and will protect the lead against CP instead of chasing a -9 goal difference. Would have beaten City by a point to the title on 87!

Now we go again!

Back