Forecaster tips house price rise of 40 per cent in five years

For me the question is - if they don't have any savings for deposit and costs, why would anybody be looking at buying their first home at $450K?

It comes back to buying within their means, and if that means buying in the sticks, then do so. Gosh, they don't have to live in the sticks. Buy it and rent it out while renting where they want.

Ummm.........

Isn't 40% in 5 yrs 7% pa compounded? And with inflation at 3-4%, 7% pa is very realistic without any 'event' or stimulus. Therefore 40% over 5 years is really not that ludicrous at all.

Well done YM

I'm happy that YM keeps posting, it's good to have discussion and other points of view.

I thought we would have a period of no price increase for housing but I've been wrong for the last 2 years. With large enough quantities of imigrants coming into Oz that do have the cash to purchase houses at the current prices. It seems like the prices will continue to increase.

I just hope inflation increases and then my real worth of my debt will be reduced.

Cheers
Graeme

I'm happy that YM keeps posting, it's good to have discussion and other points of view.

I thought we would have a period of no price increase for housing but I've been wrong for the last 2 years. With large enough quantities of imigrants coming into Oz that do have the cash to purchase houses at the current prices. It seems like the prices will continue to increase.

I just hope inflation increases and then my real worth of my debt will be reduced.

Cheers
Graeme

Thanks. I've been wrong the last 3 years so ahead of you there.

Back