France terrorist atrocity.

Sadly, you are. :( You can also be executed for apostasy, adultery, "witchcraft", blasphemy, "false prophecy", "sexual misconduct", etc.

And even if the death penalty were only applied to murder and rape, it's far from accepted that the Saudi courts are in any way valid in their decision-making process.

It's despicable. :(

Agreed. Disgusting what's going on over there

Many years ago when the Palestinians and the Israeli's were cooperating a little, a young Palestinian man committed a crime (can't remember what it was) and was caught.

He was given the choice between the Israeli or Palestinian justice system. He choose Palestinian.

A few hours later he was beheaded. Bad choice.

He was given the choice between the Israeli or Palestinian justice system. He choose Palestinian. A few hours later he was beheaded. Bad choice.

Did not know the Palestinians were into the beheading thing. I always thought they just shot or blew up whoever displeased them.

You ever heard of a guy named Saddam Hussein?

Although he wasn't epecially kind to the neighbours or his fellow Iraqis, the rest of the world was a lot safer when Saddam was alive. Its noteworthy that Saddam gave women and minorities more rights than they are getting now; the streets of Baghdad were relatively safe back in the good old days. Saddam was definitely the lesser of two evils.

Although he wasn't epecially kind to the neighbours or his fellow Iraqis, the rest of the world was a lot safer when Saddam was alive. QUOTE]

I don't know about the rest.
Bit maybe this part is true.

(I am not expert in middle eastern affairs).

But since the "west" got involved isn't there more trouble over there overall.

Maybe they have a different 'value' system.

We are trying to impose our 'value' system on theirs.

Why not let them be. If they really want help/guidance, then we can offer it.
But don't 'impose it' until they ask for it.

What planet are you living on where that is even remotely close to being true?

To what degree has the west got directly involved in middle eastern affairs over the last 15 odd years.

And yet is it more peaceful over there or less peaceful!!!!

If it is more peaceful then maybe your statement holds true (in the shorter term)
If less peaceful then maybe your statement holds less true (in the short term).

Longer term, I have no idea in either case. But its not our culture over there. The West needs to be very careful imposing on value system on theirs.

Whoops, apologies IV, I misread your original sentence. I read it as things are more peaceful after The West got involved.

Haha that explains it, I was wondering why you were argu ing the opposite. The world has not been helped by the idiotic us govt deciding to go into Iraq and Afghanistan.

Back