Frankston Frankston Frankston

Been away for quite awhile and am amazed at the almost religious fervour regarding Frankston and even Melton.

How would a fundalmentalist church for property investors go in Frankston ?

Speaking in tongues or tongue in cheek...........lots of hypnotic singing and healing of non believers.......sort of like in the movie "Borat".

Ok I want to be the guru of the flock and take the plate around.

I can't say Melton is horrible, however if given a choice between the two suburbs, I'd say you are more likely to get a higher % capital growth (better long term return on your investment) from Frankston...

However given the current economic climate, it is a buyer's market (hence, keep your options open in terms of suburb when looking to buy)...

Cheers,

Manny.

that which rises in bad times will do even better when good times return

question: Show me an Australian suburb where the median price actually went up during the last few difficult months?

answer. North Fankston...this so-called dumpy suburb went up when virtually everything else in the country went down. And no wonder....large dual occ blocks are selling for barely half the Melb median price.

Larger blocks in Frankston and North Frankston are set to outperform as more redevelopment takes place. There's much, much more to come. :)

Last edited:
That Which Rises

"That Which Rises"..........beautiful words NewHigh...........sort of like a double reserection..............can almost hear a thousand amens from all the frankophiles here.

Bless you bro

What is wrong with Frankston ?

Sabitor 84.................absolutely nothing wrong with Frankston or Melton or any other suburb for that matter from a property investors point of view.

In fact I intend to drive into the sun in the morning to the promised land and look for a dual occ slice of heaven.

Bless You

frankston - lets not get sentimental

I'm only interested in potentiality, not sentimentality. The Frankston-Seaford locality reminds me of suburbs surrounding Marina Del Ray in California back in the 80s. For many years locals thought that the long promised marina would never happen. The terrible recession of 1983 made them all the more cynical - at the time, it was the worst slump since 1929 and everyone seemed convinced that the world would end. But when construction of the marina began, the naysayers disappeared and prices rose massively over a 5 year period. I know of one dumpy old house that increased four-fold (albeit from a low base) during the period 1984-1989. In fact, prices around Marina del Ray have remained strong, even in the current economic environment.

Frankston is the cheapest beachside suburb in Australia. The smart money is moving in silently. There are whispers of a Japanese consortium wanting to build a 200 bed retirement home in either Seaford or Frankston. The weak Aussie dollar is a huge bonus for them. Foreign investors also want to participate in the tender for the marina (subject to FIRB). I'm told that interests associated with the Sultan of Brunei have been doing their due diligence. Again, the weak Aussie dollar makes this a sound investment for them at a time when putting money in the bank is no longer safe. The Sultan is one of the world's richest men and $75m is loose change for him.

And Monash University has been deluged with enquiries from overseas nurses who want to do a course that's only available at the Frankston campus! There is talk of this program being expanded.

Like property gurus Terry Ryder and Margaret Lomas, I have a 5 year outlook for Frankston. It will take time before the locals realize that they are sitting on a goldmine. Pity those who sell out prematurely - in 5 years time they'd never be able to afford to buy back in.

The smart money is moving silently

" The smart money is moving in silently "

Jeez with over 70 thousand views on only two threads for Frankston and Frankston North I would have thought the silence is deafening..........sort of like a bush fire or a freight train coming.

How about " boosting for jeez " or " pump and dump" for the devil as topics for my first sermon at the church of the latter day Frankophiles.

Bless You

Been away for quite awhile and am amazed at the almost religious fervour regarding Frankston and even Melton.

How would a fundalmentalist church for property investors go in Frankston ?

Speaking in tongues or tongue in cheek...........lots of hypnotic singing and healing of non believers.......sort of like in the movie "Borat".

Ok I want to be the guru of the flock and take the plate around.

Haha, I notice a striking similarity to the views of Fortescue Metals Group shareholders on a few shares forums early/mid last year. Now look where they are... :eek: (not suggesting that will happen to Frankston)

Anyway, I hope they are right. I just bought my PPOR house in Seaford

One thing I find alot in Seaford/Frankston are those hanging shoes on power lines.

Are there THAT many druggies in the area?

cheapest 25% of city suburbs will rise: guru

Margaret Lomas, a prolific author and real estate commentator said that she expects the lowest 25% of suburbs in aussie cities (not towns) to rise over the next 2 years. She was gloomier about overpriced homes in the top quartile of all suburbs; these will go sideways or down she said. The same with most towns, particularly those affected by commodity prices. So I guess Frankston is well placed in this regard. Its cheap, its by the water and crime stats are down over the last 3 years.

Lomas said that it takes the average working aussie 3-4 years salary to buy a house in the cheapest quartile of suburbs in major cities (not towns). Compare that to 9-12 years salary to buy a home in the more expensive suburbs and you can see that the lopsided end of the market will suffer most.

The cheaper end of the market will suffer least and that must surely be good news for mums and dads out there.

Newhigh............you do not have to convince me.............I am a convert.......no... make that a messiah ...................for Frankston.

Went down to Frankston yesterday in the Kombi and lordy I could not get a park in any street.............seemed like hundreds of hungry looking investors all clutching flow charts were discretely doorknocking and asking if Mr. Woodduck lived there.

Please do not mention other guru's on my thread as I have decided I've been back long enough to be a guru too.

To kick guru silver off..... a once in a lifetime offer.......never to be repeated..........weekend...........SANDAL CAMP.......intensive........only $5999.00........early duck specials.............look skyward for details..(BYO food and drink)

Bless You All

hi guys/girls sorry to derail the thread but what size block of land do you need to sub divide or develop into flats in frankston?

thanks

minimum size for dual occ sites

I think council prefers 600sqm to qualify as a true dual occ. However, they are quite generous and sometimes allow smaller blocks to be split up. Double story houses are ok as far as i know, it may be harder to put up anything higher. Most houses in North Frankie are on sites that are 600sqm+. If you are buying, always go for the larger blocks as these will appreciate the most.

I think council prefers 600sqm to qualify as a true dual occ. However, they are quite generous and sometimes allow smaller blocks to be split up. Double story houses are ok as far as i know, it may be harder to put up anything higher. Most houses in North Frankie are on sites that are 600sqm+. If you are buying, always go for the larger blocks as these will appreciate the most.

One block on Kars Street (817sqm) has had three townhouses built on it recently. It is a secondary road however which makes a difference.

Thats an interesting insight from Buzz Aldrin. Its nice to know council allows developments like that, most encouraging indeed.

I'm only interested in potentiality, not sentimentality. The Frankston-Seaford locality reminds me of suburbs surrounding Marina Del Ray in California back in the 80s. For many years locals thought that the long promised marina would never happen. The terrible recession of 1983 made them all the more cynical - at the time, it was the worst slump since 1929 and everyone seemed convinced that the world would end. But when construction of the marina began, the naysayers disappeared and prices rose massively over a 5 year period. I know of one dumpy old house that increased four-fold (albeit from a low base) during the period 1984-1989. In fact, prices around Marina del Ray have remained strong, even in the current economic environment.

Frankston is the cheapest beachside suburb in Australia. The smart money is moving in silently. There are whispers of a Japanese consortium wanting to build a 200 bed retirement home in either Seaford or Frankston. The weak Aussie dollar is a huge bonus for them. Foreign investors also want to participate in the tender for the marina (subject to FIRB). I'm told that interests associated with the Sultan of Brunei have been doing their due diligence. Again, the weak Aussie dollar makes this a sound investment for them at a time when putting money in the bank is no longer safe. The Sultan is one of the world's richest men and $75m is loose change for him.

And Monash University has been deluged with enquiries from overseas nurses who want to do a course that's only available at the Frankston campus! There is talk of this program being expanded.

Like property gurus Terry Ryder and Margaret Lomas, I have a 5 year outlook for Frankston. It will take time before the locals realize that they are sitting on a goldmine. Pity those who sell out prematurely - in 5 years time they'd never be able to afford to buy back in.

newhigh,

I get a slight whiff of ramping here.

You don't have a vested interest, perchance?

Anyone interested in Marina Del Ray (which is quite a nice place to visit, I might add) can have a look here. I think you'll find the marina harbour was opened in 1965.

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Marina_del_Rey-California/

Average price per square foot for Marina del Rey CA was $437, a decrease of 25.6% compared to the same period last year. The median sales price for homes in Marina del Rey CA for Nov 08 to Jan 09 was $617,000 based on 27 home sales. Compared to the same period one year ago, the median home sales price increased 0.2%, or $1,500, and the number of home sales decreased 66.7%.

There are currently 164 resale and new homes in Marina del Rey on Trulia, including 9 open houses, as well as 36 homes in the pre-foreclosure, auction, or bank-owned stages of the foreclosure process. The average listing price for homes for sale in Marina del Rey CA was $1,101,687 for the week ending Feb 11, which represents a decrease of 3.4%, or $38,598, compared to the prior week

Back