Frankston investment

I can echo what Shionm says - Andrew Milne are great property managers. Although my two in Frankston are not being managed by Branko, they are being managed by Cathy Rhodes - who, in my opinion, is also excellent. As property managers, the team at Andrew Milne know the Frankston market well and will put an appropriate tenant into your property, conduct 6 monthly inspections without being reminded (letters are automatically generated) and manage rental arrears with minimum fuss! Rent reviews also happen automatically. (Computer generated letters etc).

Before I found Andrew Milne, I was with another agent. It was a disasterous experience. Cathy fixed up the whole situation, (including taking the tenant to the tribunal and evicting her) helped me organize a reno on the property concerned (in fact, she did all the chasing around of tradespeople etc!), and found excellent tenants for the property who have been there since 2007.

Regards Jason.

seriously can you ask them what their views are on putting ads up on properties but never any addresses, is it to get people to call? or to get only the ones who can guess where it is?

seriously can you ask them what their views are on putting ads up on properties but never any addresses, is it to get people to call? or to get only the ones who can guess where it is?

Frankston being Frankston, I'd say it would be a security thing. I remember after my IP was renovated it took a little while to find tenants and my manager was worried that it had been empty for too long (I think 3 wks).

That would be my guess - have never raised it with them though because in my opinion they know the area and seem to know exactly what they are doing. (Just my experience anyway).

Regards Jason.

Frankston being Frankston, I'd say it would be a security thing. I remember after my IP was renovated it took a little while to find tenants and my manager was worried that it had been empty for too long (I think 3 wks).

That would be my guess - have never raised it with them though because in my opinion they know the area and seem to know exactly what they are doing. (Just my experience anyway).

Regards Jason.

I dont think its a Frankston thing. Its the same in the Aspendale/Mentone area. I reckon its so people will call the agency. You never know where that call may lead. A real buyer will call and may make an appointment to see the property. Who knows the agent may sell the property and may even get to sell the buyers property too.

Your only pleasing the tyre kickers by disclosing the address.

I worked at a real estate office years ago while I was studying, who had this policy. I was not even allowed to give the address out over the phone if someone rang. The idea was that a salesperson would try to arrange an inspection with them as they were worried that if they got the address they'd just do a drive by themselves and potentially not explore it any further. They wanted the salesperson to, I guess do their job, and try and sell the property to them with an inspection.

I think it's a disadvantage, unless it's something that REALLY stands out, I couldn't be bothered to find out addresses. I also sometimes assume that if an address isn't mentioned that it's badly located. Also annoys me is when they don't include prices, in fact that is probably even worse!

I do believe there was a thread about this REA a while back,

I do recall seeing that some people thought it as a (what I believe as well) is to obviously advertise the key points in the add, eg beachside location etc. etc.

and then people will have to call up and ask at which point the agent will be happy to tell you, but also do the sales spiel as well at the same time, thus getting you on their territory,

however, others said, if an agent is not willing to tell at least what street its on, then they won;t even bother looking at it,

which was followed by some people saying, that if they saw the ad, they would be more interested in it because its got less interest in it due to some people not bothering with it...

I can see both arguments, however, from the description, I can usually tell if its in or not within my personal criteria!

I read recently that the marina project has been shelved AGAIN. Apparently none of the tenders received by council conformed to requirements (probably code for not enough $). Another 18 month wait...
Press release

Some Frankston pics from a walk along Fairway St this morning - one of central Franga's worst streets (especially the freeway end)

Part 1

1. One way to keep warm, I suppose
3. The old Rank Arena out the street with more modern accompaniement
7. Public seating

Note: plateless cars, overflowing bins, black AC/DC shirts and trespassers shot sign seen but not photographed

Attachments

• fairway fkn 001.jpg
    fairway fkn 001.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 165
  • fairway fkn 003.jpg
    fairway fkn 003.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 127
  • fairway fkn 007.jpg
    fairway fkn 007.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Part 2

4. In even the best suburbs agents signs are tagged. But generally the perpetuators are not so confident about not getting caught that they write an essay
8. Not quite floor to ceiling security screens but still pretty high (maybe overkill as no windows in all the neat but empty shops in that street were smashed)
9. Around the corner are signs buy semi-literate agents. The last sentence looks like it was written by a Nigerian email scammer (note to self: never use Harcourts to sell).

Attachments

• fairway fkn 004.jpg
    fairway fkn 004.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 139
  • fairway fkn 008.jpg
    fairway fkn 008.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 155
  • fairway fkn 009.jpg
    fairway fkn 009.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 186
Part 3

2. "No junk mail unless requested" - and of course lot of people want junk mail so write this on their own letterbox in various styles - messy!
5. In the middle of the ghetto springs this modern development
6. Clever renovation of facing units - providing each with own front yard and privacy

Attachments

• fairway fkn 002.jpg
    fairway fkn 002.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 127
  • fairway fkn 005.jpg
    fairway fkn 005.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 133
  • fairway fkn 006.jpg
    fairway fkn 006.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 152
Part 2

4. In even the best suburbs agents signs are tagged. But generally the perpetuators are not so confident about not getting caught that they write an essay
8. Not quite floor to ceiling security screens but still pretty high (maybe overkill as no windows in all the neat but empty shops in that street were smashed)
9. Around the corner are signs buy semi-literate agents. The last sentence looks like it was written by a Nigerian email scammer (note to self: never use Harcourts to sell).

I get it, they don't have graffiti in the city, the people are friendly in the city and the streets are always clean in the city.

Part 2

9. Really, call me a retard but I can't pick any grammar errors from the last sentence

anyway, I know exactly the street and shops you are talking about, I didn't think fairway was the worst in frankston, but anyway,

Number 5, is that on fairway as well??

9. Really, call me a retard but I can't pick any grammar errors from the last sentence

The last sentence is just poor style, that's all.

"Investors, downsizers or first home owners will certainly appreciate this hot offer proposing an affordable opportunity to satisfy all requirements"

It has a jarring mix of colloquialism ('hot offer') and pomposity ('proposing an affordable opportunity to satisfy all requirements'). The latter is too formal to include in an Australian advertisement and the awkward use of 'proposing' makes it read like an email scam.

The opening sentence (as well as containing two errors) is similarly awkward ('join Frankstons (sic) popular property market buy (sic) .....).

The next sentence doesn't raise too many hackles, but the bit about 'adding a paved courtyard' isn't clear writing. 'Affirms total convenience' is not incorrect but neither does anyone speak like that (especially in Franga!).

In contrast, something like below would be passable:

Join Frankston's proud property owners by purchasing this original two bedroom unit at the rear of a quiet block. This low-maintenance home features a bright kitchen with free-standing oven, large lounge with wall heater, two generous bedrooms with built-in robes and a combined bathroom/laundry. Outside is a securely-fenced paved courtyard and undercover parking for one car. Add your own touches or comfortable as is, investors, downsizers or first home buyers will all love the convenience this handy property provides.

Vendors pay agents because agents can market the property better than the vendor could. It is not too much to expect that ads are scanned by at least one person who passed Year 12 English before publication!

anyway, I know exactly the street and shops you are talking about, I didn't think fairway was the worst in frankston

It doesn't look too bad near the shops (that's going on looks - the shopkeeper who erected the security screen may differ) and the Neighbourhood House seems to have a lot going on. But I'm wary of big unit blocks in poor areas such as you get at the freeway end of Fairway (though double glazing helps with the noise - good thing those flats don't have balconies).

The southern area near Beach Rd has got rough elements (the sign saying trespassers will be shot was there), but it's much handier than Fairway. The Beach Rd shopping area is getting a makeover (plans on shop windows), the bakery isn't bad and the laundrette (with honour system book exchange) is the best kept you'll see anywhere.

Number 5, is that on fairway as well??

Yes. A few more like that should change the area, though I don't think anything will help the noise from the freeway and it being less well located than other areas of Franga.

the last time I went, I recall seeing on that row of shops, 1 milk bar

about 2-3 vacant premisis and 1 that looked like a blinds shop that was going out of busienss or was about to...

is it still the same there,
I find it surprising that there are so many vacant

is it still the same there,
I find it surprising that there are so many vacant

Still the same, though could even be 4 shops vacant now. The only business that seemed to be doing OK was the big milk bar. There was also a hairdresser and an accountant. Surely there'd have to be also pizza place/takeaway but can't recall.

The vacant shops have been consistently well presented and are not derelict at all - not like the ones in Albion, Braybrook or even on the bad side of Oakleigh.

The ones on Beach St seem to be doing much better - maybe due to the passing traffic which Fairway St doesn't have.

Some Frankston pics from a walk along Fairway St this morning - one of central Franga's worst streets (especially the freeway end)

Part 1

1. One way to keep warm, I suppose
3. The old Rank Arena out the street with more modern accompaniement
7. Public seating

Note: plateless cars, overflowing bins, black AC/DC shirts and trespassers shot sign seen but not photographed

LOL. Tell me you didn't light the bonfire to keep Somersoftians away from those flats so you could buy them both.:p

The last sentence is just poor style, that's all....

Honestly Spidy, you didn't have to go to so much trouble to explain. That was absolutely hilarious! I'm going to stop & read some of the boards around Frankston for fun. I'm sure there's a performer or two at the Comedy Festival who could use that Harcourts spiel for a skit.

Back