Free at Last..

I don't understand the media frenzy and public interest in this case. She's just your run of the mill druggie who got busted. There's another Aus woman in court in Bali on possession charges, where is the hysteria for her?

I don't understand the media frenzy and public interest in this case. She's just your run of the mill druggie who got busted. There's another Aus woman in court in Bali on possession charges, where is the hysteria for her?

I dont even know who it is but ill bet my house that she is no where near as pretty as Schapelle.

and what about michelle Leslie,

and what about renae Lawrence

see a pattern?!??!?!!?

:eek:
You forgot to add soon to be very rich

I would have at her age spent 7 years in the can to get the amount of money she will get paid from book and media royalty

moral of the story....crime does pay!!!

1.5m for 9 years of your life, thats $166k pa

you gotta be a good dealer to be able to make that sort of money consistently

It's closer to 4 times that amount if you include money donations and the lawsuits she's won. And don't forget she was in Bali where she was allowed out to eat at the finest restaurants and had anything she wanted available to her because of her ability to bribe the guards. It's much easier to do time in Bali than Australia.

It's closer to 4 times that amount if you include money donations and the lawsuits she's won. And don't forget she was in Bali where she was allowed out to eat at the finest restaurants and had anything she wanted available to her because of her ability to bribe the guards. It's much easier to do time in Bali than Australia.

damn! stuff investing for my future via real estate

im gonna start dealing ,and take a few kg of hash to Bali

After being released today, Corby was picked up by Seven?s Sunday Night reporter Mike Willesee and whisked away to a secret location, following a fierce bidding war which erupted when the news Corby was set to be paroled broke on Friday. Seven has also been given access to Corby?s mother Ros? home on the Gold Coast to see a group of supporters toasting the release of her daughter after seven years.

Channel Seven is refusing to confirm a deal has been done, but rival outlets are suggesting they have secured an exclusive interview, with figures between $1m and $3m quoted for the rights. Industry sources have suggested the family has demanded a minimum of $2m.

Gotta love the media to always assume they know what they think we want to hear about, and hear about constantly..

I don't know how journalists can do their job with a clear conscience.

Look at Channel 7 - we watch Sunrise in the am occasionally, and on the first day after the Winter Olympics started - not one single mention on their "Sports Report" of any results....nothing at all.

I mean; it's only the biggest sporting event in the world this week.

How can the "sports" reader be happy doing a job like that?

I'd be feeling like telling the station to jam their job up their @rse.

I won't watch a single minute of Schapelle, and I definitely won't buy the inevitable book.

Last edited:
not one single mention on their "Sports Report" of any results....nothing at all.

I mean; it's only the biggest sporting event in the world this week.

Reminds me of when they report on the F1.

"Mark Webber finished 8th"

Yes, and who won the race? Who came second and third? NO! The public only want to know Webber finished 8th!

No thanks

You're doing it 24/7. That's about $19ph.

With not even any roses around to smell. Even on parole.

Reminds me of when they report on the F1.

"Mark Webber finished 8th"

Yes, and who won the race? Who came second and third? NO! The public only want to know Webber finished 8th!
It was the same when Greg Norman was No.1, and is the same now with Tiger Woods....in the States, it is the "Tiger" and "Phil" show on the teev, every week. :rolleyes:

I wonder how/why the media is so keen to pay out money when its likely the cash will be seized.
Anything for a good story, I guess.
I think there would be several ways of payment,on a rough back-of the envelope calculations MsCorby with the new media limousine driver maybe is in the line to make a lot of money plus all the family,just depend if they can keep the act up until they are able to return to Australia..

The answer lies in the 'entertainment' section of Fairfax. It's got little to do with guilt or innocence, and a lot to do with Kerry Packer selling advertising slots.

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainm...cult-supporters-battle-on-20140209-32a38.html

There is a federal Act preventing Corby from obtaining any financial benefit from her crimes. I wonder how/why the media is so keen to pay out money when its likely the cash will be seized.
Anything for a good story, I guess.

Unfortunately she wasn't convicted of a crime in Australia. I imagine they'll find a way around this quite easily.

David Hicks was not convicted in any criminal court. He managed, after an enormous amount of effort, to hang on to the money he made from his book.
I wonder how Corby might benefit from her situation......

I have mixed feelings, part of me feels sorry for her, the other part sees her as a misguided bogan who deserved to be punished. Should she make a few million from her situation? Hmmm......

Back