Fridge question

Hello,

I'm looking at buying a fridge at present and I have the measurements of the cavity it will go into. The width and height are fine but I'm not sure about the depth. I know it's normal for the fridge to stick out a bit so the door can open properly but I don't know how much "sticking out" is ideal? The two models I've narrowed it down to will stick out by 8cm and 12cm respectively. I think the former is fine but the latter may be a bit much? I liked that one a bit more as it was significantly cheaper (discontinued model) but it's obviously not worth it if it'd look really weird.

Thoughts? :)

Yep, will have enough space on the top and sides. The 12cm is if it were to be pushed against the back wall so would really be a tiny bit more than that. Do you think that would still look fine?

The new ones are flat at the back but the instructions say there should be a 50mm gap at the back. So it would stick out 17cm?? That's huge.

We are going to make the fridge space deeper than the normal 600ml.

We are going to make the fridge space deeper than the normal 600ml.

The "normal" is sadly 600mm because, being bench depth, it's cheaper for spec homes to build.

It's the same as wardrobes - spec homes build them 450 deep inside only because it's half a standard width 900mm sheet so cheaper. Had massive argument with hubby about this as I insisted my robes be minimum 550 deep inside.

We always build our fridge spaces 800mm deep so only the very fronts of the doors stick out for opening.

We are moving into another property but I guess that'd be a decent guide.

I think I'll just get the slightly smaller one

The "normal" is sadly 600mm because, being bench depth, it's cheaper for spec homes to build.

It's the same as wardrobes - spec homes build them 450 deep inside only because it's half a standard width 900mm sheet so cheaper. Had massive argument with hubby about this as I insisted my robes be minimum 550 deep inside. It's on an end so only one panel needs to be wider.

We always build our fridge spaces 800mm deep so only the very fronts of the doors stick out for opening.

I don't want normal. Currently we have 800ml but I don't want it that deep. I can make it whatever I want when I finish designing the kitchen. Probably 650ml. That will be enough as the doors need to be further out than the cavity. Our fridge is 600ml deep (plus the doors). It's on the end so only one panel needs to be wider.

cimbom the suggested space for the sides is 50ml each side and 50ml on top.

Back