From Nothing To $6million In 1 Year

Yeah Gotcha there!

I want to state for the record, no offence to Keithj or other very experienced investors sharing their experiences on this great forum... :)

But seriously, OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM I mean...are you sick & tired of hearing about how someone went from nothing to $6million dollars or whatever in 1 year or whatever the sensational number is? I know I am. It's almost like people won't care or give 2 hoots if it's not a MAJOR ATTENTION-GRABBING HEADLINE. I think I see an Ad like this every week! And the spruikers are trying to out-do each other with bigger numbers in less time; it’s just ridiculous & probably most of the time misleading and/or untrue.

Yes, Yes, I can take criticism to MY SENSATIONAL HEADLINE - My apologies there. :D :)

Yeah Gotcha there!

I want to state for the record, no offence to Keithj or other very experienced investors sharing their experiences on this great forum... :)

But seriously, OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM I mean...are you sick & tired of hearing about how someone went from nothing to $6million dollars or whatever in 1 year or whatever the sensational number is? I know I am. It's almost like people won't care or give 2 hoots if it's not a MAJOR ATTENTION-GRABBING HEADLINE. I think I see an Ad like this every week! And the spruikers are trying to out-do each other with bigger numbers in less time; it’s just ridiculous & probably most of the time misleading and/or untrue.

Yes, Yes, I can take criticism to MY SENSATIONAL HEADLINE - My apologies there. :D :)

Hi Body-By-Jake,

I loved the headline. I thought you must have managed it yourself and I was going to ask you how???

I think most of us on the forum here would understand that these types of promotions are sensationalist at best! From what I read here, most people are working to a carefully thought out plan. They have worked out roughly where they want/need to be in X number of years and are working towards achieving it. Thats what I'm doing too! Spruikers claiming a quick path to riches can and in many cases often lead to the opposite occuring!

Regards Jason.

Its coming up to the end of the financial year and influx of those type headlines promoting seminars are what you expect at this time......Its always been like it.

Last edited:
I want to state for the record, no offence to Keithj or other very experienced investors sharing their experiences on this great forum...
None taken. The thread title was a p***take of those types of spruikers.

The ones I particularly dislike are those strategies that worked once in v. specific market conditions (eg v. cf +ve houses in woop-woop, deposit bonds, dotcomers) and will probably not work for another 20 years. But you don't find that out until you've bought the book/course & wasted a lot of time trying to implement the stategy.

Yeah & what about that Rich Jerk - I mean what a w*****! I got one in my mail box yesterday - "How I made $850,000 in 1 year". I looked at that $55m secret - those people must speak to the spruikers because they've all got the same B***** websites!!! The same length with loads of rubbish information.

The same website has The $268 Billion Dollar Goldmine!!! Seriously if you'd just made $55million dollars, do you think you'd be selling your trade secrets for just $49!!! I mean, how ridiculous!!

Back