Front Door & Security Screens - Geelong

hey guys

Am in the process of getting quotes for renovations of gf's IP and was wondering if anyone had any experience with putting in new front doors/security screens?

Her front door is rotting a bit/in bad condition and rear door needs a security screen as is in central Geelong and would make us (and future tenants) feel safer.

From what i can see, they just have simple hinges which i wouldnt think would be a problem, but i may be wrong.

So my questions are:

Does anyone know roughly how much i should be paying for a standard size single front door (2035x815) and security screen? Ideally, does anyone know of anyone in Geelong or Melbourne area who does great prices or had a good experience with?

Can you change the locks on a stock standard security screen? The place is about 20 years old and i assume that a lot of different people have keys to the place, so we are going to change the locks at the same time we replace the front door.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Carl,

Depending on quality of security door and they do vary greatly from $150-500.
some just have bars and normally fly screen mesh were others have reinforced mesh that is difficult to put a hole in.

Locks can be changed from $50-150.

You may want to consider uniform locks and keys or individual for all doors.

Back