Home Alarm systems Perth

I am looking for recommendations for a home alarm system here in Perth. We had a break in the other night. They tried getting in the front door, managed to bust the push button lock, damaged the front door beyond repair, but the deadlock stopped them getting access that way. So they jumped the fence, jimmied the security sliding door off, smashed the sliding door and got in.

Police think my son arriving home interrupted them. Every light was on in the house, obviously found spare key as front door wide open. They smashed the plasma tv, but it does not look like they stole anything else, except maybe a RC car as iPad, laptop right there and left untouched.

Yes locksmith has changed all locks, doors minor repairs until full replacement done.

As I said, now I am going to put in a house alarm, so looking for any recommendations for firms who do full installation here in Perth. I considered also putting in some CCTV, damn expensive but thinking that maybe overkill, thoughts? We are vulnerable, end of street, vacant land beside us and opposite us. Thanks everyone.

I'm sure there would be cheap CCTV systems available in a range of options including wireless, however unless monitored or able to alarm to your smart phone so you can view , then it would only show what happened in the past?

Did you contact the Police? You'll need this report for insurance and they may send forensics in

There are a number of alarm companies, we've used Satellite Security and Fortitude Asset Protection in the past

You've also got companies such as ADT

Google and several quotes will be your friend as there are many companies across the suburbs ;)

Yes contacted police, forensics could not come up with any prints.

Yes I have been googling, so many company's out there. Thanks for your recommendations.

Deena,

I can highly recommend this guy.......

Excellent service
Pricing Ok

Like yourself we had pretty much the same happen, already an alarm installed when we bought our place in Basso(some Hills piece of crap) that was never turned on due to the cats........:eek:

This guy came out pretty much straight away......converted the existing sytem to both hardwired IRD's and Wireless reeds......so that either option could be used (we have a DIDO cat....:eek:)

All organised from Melbourne.......not a drama.

Cheers

Norwester

Sorry to hear about that! I hope you feel safe again soon. Can I ask what your dog did? My sister's dog hid under the bed when she got broken into!
I'm not sure if WA police still do it, but they can go over your house and give you tips to secure your house and make it less of a target. Having a clear view of front door without bushes is an easy one!
Is there any chance the vacant land will be built on any time soon or is it public open space?
The only two places that I've lived in Perth both had a lot of vacant land around so I know all about that attracting crime. My current residence had a vacant block beside and across the road. We possibly had an attempted break in when we first moved in. A motorbike below the window was knocked over and the decorative flywire screen was a bit bent. My baby was awoken and screamed his head off! After having young kids I had only just stopped leaving a light on at night a couple of days prior. I leave a light on all night again now. The vacant blocks were built on within the next couple of years. This was ten years ago, and I've had no incidents since. I have always had a really good alarm system that previous owners installed. It is this brand. http://www.das.com.au/
There is a setting that you can turn on so you can walk around inside house, but if any doors or windows are opened, it will go off.
My new neighbour that built next door leaves her outside light on all night as it makes her feel safe, and the new neighbour that built across the road has a camera that records constantly. I think that helps me! Basically the whole suburb has alarms. My friend with only one neighbour on one side was broken into a few months ago, after smashing glass they fled empty handed when alarm went off. Still not a nice experience for her though.

Thanks everyone.

I have no idea what our dogs did. No one was home. I suspect our older dog just shook, she is a rescue dog who was obviously abused, and goes to bits easily. We have a Lab pup, he is a good little watch dog, so I am sure he would have barked. He was extremely quiet the next day, so not sure if he was hit. A dining chair was pushed over and the leg bent, so wonder if that was thrown at him. When my son came home he could not find the Lab, he was out the back hiding, did not respond to being called and after 15 minutes came inside. Our Lab is now super alert and vigilant when anyone comes to the front door.

Our front door is clear of vegetation and seen from the road.

Don't feel safe yet, per sae, front door needs replacing, our urgent repair has still not happened.

They are preparing the land opposite is to build new houses, I am sad about that, but now think it might actually be a good idea. Original plans for the estate, we were meant to have another four houses beside us, think for some reason that is not happening now, so we will still have vacant land beside us.

Forensics told me that in this police region every week they have 10 - 15 breaking or burglarys. Terrible stats that these low life's have to cause fear and damage to those of us who work hard to sustain ourselves.

Dogs are a big deterrent, I'm sure as your pup matures you'll have no worries. I was a bit sad when the blocks around us were developed as we'd get bobtail lizards and wildflowers but it is definately more secure, previously it was too easy to jump a few fences as a getaway and less surveillance. If my or neighbours alarm goes off we all look out for each other.

Back