frosted glass film

I'm wanting to install some frosted glass film in my IP.

The differences between installed price (quoted $110/m2) compared to doing it myself ($16/m2 +$4 for squeegee and stanley knife) is huge. But obviously I'm not wanting to make a mess of it. I'm seeking another quote, but was wondering if anyone here had done it and how easy it was

I have one 2m squared window and another few small window panels to do.

I have used frosted film from this company.

http://www.windowfrosting.co.nz/

Very easy to apply and cheap, Easy to remove as well if you want to revert back to clear glass.

Unless you have very large panels of glass or have logos (eg. commercial application), I would do it yourself.

I think the main reason I'm nervous to install it myself is that I seem to be unable to get a simple phone screen on without bubbles whilst still being straight. Thinking of increasing the size of the film to Windows size is a bit intimidating.

its easier than phone screens
just clean window and spray down with a mixture of 1 or 2 teaspoons of baby shampoo in 1l of water
put the film on and move it until its aligned properly and then squeegee down.
i normally put a line vertically down the middle to lock it in place then horizontal creating a + then work from the center out
you cant get bubbles if you wet it down and work from the center out

just make sure its decent stuff as i bought some from bunnings and it has shrunk about 5mm around the edges and looks crap

Last edited:
installed some in my sisters en suite, it was very easy we used baby shampoo diluted down. It looks perfect at the moment, however keen to see how it goes as per the above comment.

I would happily give tint or frosting a go after this first crack at it.

Back