Gas stove to cooktop and oven

The kitchen will be completely replaced. At present the intention is to install a gas cooktop and gas oven to replace the gas stove. An electric oven will need a dedicated circuit, and this will cost for the sparky. However, I have been unable to find a gas oven for a decent price. Electric ovens are in the $5-700 range, and gas ones are much more, with the extra cost possibly more than the cost of the sparky. Too many searches for "gas oven" lead to stoves.

Does anyone know of a gas oven? TIA.

The kitchen will be completely replaced. At present the intention is to install a gas cooktop and gas oven to replace the gas stove. An electric oven will need a dedicated circuit, and this will cost for the sparky. However, I have been unable to find a gas oven for a decent price. Electric ovens are in the $5-700 range, and gas ones are much more, with the extra cost possibly more than the cost of the sparky. Too many searches for "gas oven" lead to stoves.

Maybe try graysonline.com

Impala67, thanks, but the only gas oven I could find is a store too far. Attractive price, but - $24. Even with shipping, maybe $100, it would still be way less costly than in Melbourne. I don't think wall ovens are allowed as hand luggage on flights. This is something that I have not done so I cannot speak from experience. I do know that roast spuds must be declared.

neK, thanks also. I saw your thread of a few months ago and did not like to barge in, as it were. I was basing my search on the advice in that thread. The prices for the Westinghouse oven are wide: $800 for a second (equal perhaps to a year of tenants); then $893 new to an amazing $1259, new also. I'm tending towards the $800 second.

The Westinghouse is the only one that I could find. Alarmingly, now I can recall that I had one installed on a reno in the neolithic era, a cave I think, two bedrooms. Clean forgot about it. Not good.

So budget is less than $700?

This one is a little more
http://www.billyguyatts.com.au/euro...gt60gsx.html?gclid=CNrHpMDgt70CFYHhpAodEC4A0Q

Emilia 600mm $779 http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/...-search&kwd=&gclid=CIP6q_fgt70CFY5cpQodvWcAYA

Westminster, thanks. There is not a budget as such, but rather best value for money over the long term. For example, several hours clearing out the jungle at the back has added maybe ten time the cost of that effort. Huge growth was obscuring windows and a hidden patio - many pavers found. It was like an archeological dig. The reno will cost 10-15% of the purchase price and will add at least twice that to the value and increase the likely rent. The kitchen is but one aspect of it.

If an oven can be obtained for a good price, lovely. But I'd rather pay more for a product that will last a lot longer and will have less ongoing costs. I like set and forget. Works with shares. Sometimes.

Not sure if this helps http://www.2ndsworld.com.au/oven-cooktop-rangehood-stove/oven/gas-oven

They are expensive buggers. Depending how soon you need it, it's worth watching Grays as they may come up, the stock varies. I waited a few months for our electric oven. Are you seemingly set on has? Could it be cheaper to get an electric we found Grays to be cheaper on compatible products when they came up compared to seconds world.
we got our electric for 550, smeg fan forced. There isn't a lot sparky wise depending on the property and access. If you can run the cable for them had would be the hardest part, they are sensitive fellows (know quite a few!!) It's just a good and but of work in the board. Find a good one it should be under 300

Bob, thanks. I missed this place. The best price for a gas oven is $800 for a "second" unit. It's now a bit of a line-ball. Pay $520 for an electric oven and have to pay for a new circuit (access not to bad, but the ceiling space is low) or buy a gas oven with the gas already available. I can't see a sparky taking more than three hours to run a cable. There's going to be a new power board and lights so he will be there anyway. I may have to actually start thinking.

Maybe a pot-belly stove for cooking...

Truer than you think. The property has some sections of floor that will need to be replaced, large holes. As far as can be scientifically determined (jump test) the joists are okay. So the floors can be burnt. LOL.

Subject to advice from the gardener, the old floors may go in the mulcher. There's a pyramid of jungle cut from the al fresco area, maybe five metre diameter and two metre high. The odd bit of timber will not make much difference. Maybe have the sparky attend before the new floors are installed. The floors are an early priority, apparently important. I don't know - I'm not a builder.

Burramys-- I did the same thing in a n inv prop- I had a gas cook top & wanted to put in a gas oven thinking I would save money. They were harder to find then too- 'bout ten years ago I actually found one cheaper than an electric oven at that time- BUT-- it ended costing as much as an electric oven to instal as the Sparky had to put in another circuit for the electronic ignition that gas ovens require-- This might be something to bear in mind- might end up being just as economical to instal an electric oven & more choice-of ovens
I don't know if the circuit would have been a light circuit or a power circuit

The oven would need it's own circuit. Although the new ones do not draw as much as the older style ones so you may get away withrunning it of the existing power circuit. Also a power point will be needed for the igniter on the cook top as they are are all mostly electric now

A good electrician would be very valuable

If it's gas cooktop and electric oven, the PP for the cooktop can be on the 10 amp oven line (presume this, may be less). If it's gas cooktop and gas oven, the double PP (one for each, I think) could be taken from an existing power line. The starting spark would surely not draw much power, and it would be very transitory.

Bob, agreed. I delegate this sort of decision to the sparky. There will be no corners cut. In one reno in a block of flats I had a 40 amp line run back to the main board, the one that serves each unit. The existing wiring was sort of crumbling. The OC was not interested...

Back