Genworth verses QBE lmi's

I notice that comparing Genworth to QBE as far as the max loan on a 90% lend, on the same postcode, QBE comes up with a larger lend.For example, at Kingscliff, Genworth will only insure up to $850,000 where as QBE will do $1,000,000.
I'm looking at a $950,000 loan based on 90%, so I was curious as to which lenders specifically use QBE.I have tried to search but there's not much info I can find.
Regards

There are quite a few lenders who can use either. A couple of the larger lenders have their own sign off under LMI, when some of the LMI restrictions dont apply. There are a couple of lenders who are restricted to one LMI provider.
Its best to talk to a good broker at this point and get more specific advice.

There are quite a few lenders who can use either. A couple of the larger lenders have their own sign off under LMI, when some of the LMI restrictions dont apply. There are a couple of lenders who are restricted to one LMI provider.
Its best to talk to a good broker at this point and get more specific advice.

Also worth noting that even though the insurer might do it, the lender may not.

And, of course, vice versa.

Salary 280k,same job 22 years,5% savings history (shares),Last credit enquiry Dec 09 (car loan ,didn't proceed),crra clean,married with 3 dependants,renting since Mar 09 @ $725 week (excellent rent history),other assets (not much property though, mainly shares)
Rolf, do you think it's a possibility?:)

Personally i think it would fail on Credit score on lack of Assets given the disposible income.

Might be different if you were only putting in 10% deposit but had Assets in the background you didnt want to cash in.

Thanks Richard for the reply,
I do have 400k in shares of which I would use some for the deposit.Also a rural property worth 330k with a 232k loan.
Cozzie

Back