Gift ideas for 18 year old male.

Does he have an xbox360??
If so, find out what games he has, and if there are any games he's been dying to get.

Cuff-Links are only worthwhile if he is the type of person who will frequently wear a suit. I have a pair, and i have NEVER used them. I wear a shirt and tie EVERY day.... but not often a full suit.

- Hip-Flask.... yeah thats not bad

- Spirits dispenser.... NOW THATS AWESOME. He will LOVE it. Best suggestion so far. Make sure it's one like the bars have that just lets out one perfectly measured nip. It'll help him learn how to drink responsibly, and it's cool to boot.
Now I want one!!!

I'm 22, got a pair of nice cufflinks (along with a "cufflinkable shirt" - something I didn't have... they would've been useless to me otherwise) for my 20th and a pair of guitar-shaped ones for my 21st. Don't exactly wear them often, only to the odd dinner, wedding or other fancyish function. I find them nice to have though.

Love the guitar ones, though admittedly I'm the type who like novelty items like that... Got a pair of anchor-shaped ones for a mate of mine who is into his sailing, and he loved them (or so he says...)

Hubby has some shirts that need cuff links and we have bought our 20 year old son a couple of pairs for gifts. A few years ago when I went looking for some for hubby for the shirts I bought that required them, they were hard to find, but they are everywhere in the stores now.

You guys have to get "with it" :p.

PS. You don't have to wear a suit to wear cuff links.

I'm 22, got a pair of nice cufflinks (along with a "cufflinkable shirt"

By "cufflinkable shirt" I expect you mean one with a french cuff (see picture).

Cufflinks can be worn with a normal shirt, but imho it looks ****.

PS. You don't have to wear a suit to wear cuff links.

Agreed, I hate wearing suits (probably haven't worn one in 2 years), but am in cufflinks 2 or 3 times a week.

Nice tie (contemporary, not one your Dad wore 20 years ago), nice shirt with french cuffs, cufflinks, black trousers and some well polished shoes. Unless your body shape is a blob or a stick (I'm lucky in that I have a narrow waist and broad shoulders) you'll look as smart as anyone in a cheap (which most suits are) or even expensive suit.

Great suggestions all! Now I'll be set for when his younger sibling gets to 18 too!
Like the idea of something that he can keep, like cufflinks, but just don't see him wearing the clothes for it yet. Figure for his 18th it might be good to get him something more 'fun' than serious, so a special 'experience' will probably be it, and there are some good options on the www.redballondays.com.au website, so thanks for the tip.
A dispenser for spirits is a great idea for him too, so I will check out that as well.

Thanks team.

Attachments

• imagemagic-1.php.jpeg
    imagemagic-1.php.jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 62
  • imagemagic.php.jpeg
    imagemagic.php.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 58
Um, I used to think that defensive driving courses were good, but others say that it gives the young drivers of too much confidence so they take greater risks. Just recently there was an article about a fatal crash where the driver had just completed such a course.

Back