GIO Landlord Insurance - No rental default coverage

No pay by the month with TS tho :/

This is incorrect. This is from their website. They also have insurance for those that self manage now (just started).

My tenant is on a periodic lease. Am I still covered?

Yes. We will cover you for the rent loss or damage the tenant is legally liable for. For example, we would consider rent arrears to vacate date plus the notice period they should have given as per the Residential Tenancies Act.

Hope that is a typo. 2 weeks normally and you get that covered by the bond.

SGIO just added flood cover to my policy for no charge. Will have to check next years premium.

I just read my letter from SGIO aadvising i am now covered for flood cover.
but it wasn't my landord insurance policy. It was on my Building Insurance policy.

EBM Rent cover pluys m=paid me out overdue rent with no excess taken out. I used a tiny bit of the rent to cover costs to take rubbish to the tip, the rest of the bond towards unpaid rent & EBM sent m a cheque for the reminaing unpaid rent that the bnond didn't cover - n excess, no out of pocket expense for me - well beside the $255 for the policy

Terri Scheer does cover loss of rent whilst on a periodic lease. This is from their FAQ's page:-

My tenant is on a periodic lease. Am I still covered?

Yes. We will cover you for the rent loss or damage the tenant is legally liable for. For example, we would consider rent arrears to vacate date plus the notice period they should have given as per the Residential Tenancies Act.

https://terrischeer.com.au/frequently-asked-questions

I have done a quote on the TS site and the price given is annual, on checkout there is only the option to pay in full, no installment option.

How does one use PBTM?

Sorry, I thought we were talking about periodic tenancies (as in by the month).

You are correct that you cannot pay by the month with Terri Scheer.

Back