Giving Kudos

Ahhhh! I may be a little slow, but I've just worked out how to give a forum member "kudos", which equates to those little green sqaures you see at the top right hand corner of the post.

For those who haven't figured it out yet, if you want to give someone kudos, you click on the measuring scale symbol that sits between the number and the triangular red, white and black sign, in the top, right hand corner of the person's post.

Cheers,
Lisa

Ah, thanks Rixter - "kudos" for the link :D

So is there a grand prize at the end of the year for the person with the highest score? ;)

All it means is we should be spending more time looking at houses and phoning agents, and less time telling others how to do it.

Good point Spides. Unless you've already attained all you need and you're on the road to helping others do the same.

Unless you've already attained all you need and you're on the road to helping others do the same.

In other words, become a spruiker!

You keep posting for a while to drum up business.

But eventually your marketing gets too slick, you make more money than your clients, you get into arguments and start attracting adverse comment.

Then others ask awkward questions, so you end up leaving the forum.

So you stop attracting kudos and others overtake you.

In other words, become a spruiker!

You keep posting for a while to drum up business.

But eventually your marketing gets too slick, you make more money than your clients, you get into arguments and start attracting adverse comment.

Sounds attractive, where do I sign up. :)

Sounds attractive, where do I sign up. :)

One's PM inbox is a good starting point.

There's people too chicken to post a question on the forum but will send you a PM asking stuff.

They have this stupid idea that green dots must indicate some insight.

Like a good Mormon, JW, political candidate or RE agent you follow them up and offer your services (I believe the going rate for 'mentorship' services is in the $ 000s, but I'm not certain of the rates for 'webinars' or '1900 hot property talk' phone sessions.

I'm no good at this - with few exceptions my stock reply to PMs is one of a. I don't know (99% true), b. use the search function, or c. ask a question on the forum (if everyone sent PMs the forum wouldn't exist).

Ahhhh! I may be a little slow, but I've just worked out how to give a forum member "kudos", which equates to those little green sqaures you see at the top right hand corner of the post.

For those who haven't figured it out yet, if you want to give someone kudos, you click on the measuring scale symbol that sits between the number and the triangular red, white and black sign, in the top, right hand corner of the person's post.

Cheers,
Lisa

gee there really is a difference between academic and real life smarts!!

There's people too chicken to post a question on the forum but will send you a PM asking stuff.

I would guess that a number of new posters, having read enough posts from other new members, have seen how some people here ridicule the questions, the posters, their motives and pretty much everything else.

We all had to start somewhere, and whilst most people here are extremely understanding and helpful, sometimes the answers to some of the new members' questions makes me embarrassed.

It is a small percentage of posters who make things uncomfortable, but I think we all need to think about why we are here. Is it to help people or ridicule them?

So perhaps that is why people send a PM to someone they think might be able to help rather than risk a "public" flogging.

hmmm I have more kudos here than I need, am I able to borrow against this kudos equity to tap into other other markets? or perhaps I can subdivide my several blocks and sell one to someone else that wants a boost? how do I work out their market value :D

Back