Gladstone QLD - How is it Going????

I'm guessing around 1630-1700hrs.

I'm learning closer to 3 as well. Remember all four major project finish over the next 12 months with job loses exceeding 11,000. Half of which are camp based though. While some will be created as production staff, this will be measured in the hundreds.

I'm learning closer to 3 as well. Remember all four major project finish over the next 12 months with job loses exceeding 11,000. Half of which are camp based though. While some will be created as production staff, this will be measured in the hundreds.

Haha, sorry to say but you're dreaming if you think the 4 major projects will be over in 12 months. QCLNG is by far the most advanced of the three gas plants on Curtis Island and they are far from finished, they expect first gas production from Train 1 in the last quarter of this year (which is still 8 months away!) and there's a huge likelihood that will blow out. Keeping in mind this is only Train 1 of two Trains that are to be built, all the modules are in place for Train 2 but there's no labour working on it.

Haha, sorry to say but you're dreaming if you think the 4 major projects will be over in 12 months. QCLNG is by far the most advanced of the three gas plants on Curtis Island and they are far from finished, they expect first gas production from Train 1 in the last quarter of this year (which is still 8 months away!) and there's a huge likelihood that will blow out. Keeping in mind this is only Train 1 of two Trains that are to be built, all the modules are in place for Train 2 but there's no labour working on it.

Commisionsing starts this month so I am not sure how many labourers are needed for that? Only enough to fix punch items which is not that many. Also how likely are they to continue with train 2 if they cant get buyers for thier gas? Also Kevin Berg has stated that redundacies have already started and thier peak workforce will decrease from second half of the year.

There is still a huge amount if work to be completed for these projects to be complete. All projects have all the materials and equipment to complete all of their respective trains. Civil trades are being laid off at QCLNG while they are still hiring a number of trades electricians/mechanical trades they would be at least 12 months or more before completion. APLNG is the least advanced and they would have a further 2 years before completion there may/may not be a 3rd train on that site depending on Arrow.

Just got an email about some property opportunities throughout Queensland. Funny thing was one of the properties was in Gladstone. You'll be happy to know the property comes with a 12 month rental guarantee.
false information or what?

Ugh...anything in Toolooa is not worth reading to the bottom of the advertisement. There are areas you just don't invest in in Gladstone. Toolooa, Barney Point, New Auckland...old, dodgy areas where tenants prefer not to live. If you have a tenant in one of these suburbs, thank your property manager, as what I've heard is that these are the suburbs people are warned off by locals as soon as they arrive in Gladstone.

Ugh...anything in Toolooa is not worth reading to the bottom of the advertisement. There are areas you just don't invest in in Gladstone. Toolooa, Barney Point, New Auckland...old, dodgy areas where tenants prefer not to live. If you have a tenant in one of these suburbs, thank your property manager, as what I've heard is that these are the suburbs people are warned off by locals as soon as they arrive in Gladstone.

I don't think you can generalise too much.

Some Gladstone suburbs are quite large, and differ considerably from one end to the other as a result of sections being developed up to 30-40 years apart. New Auckland and Clinton among them.

The northern end of New Auckland is older and a bit rough around the edges, but the southern end is all new housing estates. Similar story in Clinton, where the southern end is more modern and desirable than the airport-facing northern slopes.

There is still a huge amount if work to be completed for these projects to be complete. All projects have all the materials and equipment to complete all of their respective trains. Civil trades are being laid off at QCLNG while they are still hiring a number of trades electricians/mechanical trades they would be at least 12 months or more before completion. APLNG is the least advanced and they would have a further 2 years before completion there may/may not be a 3rd train on that site depending on Arrow.

Just to add to this, QCLNG is 'aiming' for first gas production from train 1 this November and train 2 November 2015 but last report was that electrical is two months behind and mechanical even further.
It is extremely difficult for projects of this scale to catch up once they fall behind so although they have begun laying off certain trades many will be there for a long time yet (18 months plus).

Some houses listed for massively discounted prices starting to pop up around the place, so certainly some buying opportunities now about.

Example from New Auckland: http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-new auckland-116384479

Even with the falling prices, this is one I think is listed way below what it is worth. I believe this one was listed even higher than the current asking price. There's plenty of other examples around the place as well.

279k is such a crazily cheap price for a double storey 3/2/2 house in New Auckland with tiled rumpus room and shower/toilet on ground floor AND a swimming pool with a BBQ patio area to boot!!! I know as I've been monitoring the prices since 2 years ago. You could stuff a lot of miners in this house and they'd be as happy as bugs in a rug.
But is the cheap price mainly because this property is backing right onto Briffney Creek and may be prone to flood or mosquitos?

279k is such a crazily cheap price for a double storey 3/2/2 house in New Auckland with tiled rumpus room and shower/toilet on ground floor AND a swimming pool with a BBQ patio area to boot!!!

You can see the rot set in looking at prices in that street.

Same street
similar housing
different times

At the peak
25 Shaw Street, New Auckland (larger block of land)
House: 3 1 3
13/02/2012 $467,000

Saw the writing on the wall, Look out below
75 Shaw Street New Auckland
House: 4 1 1
25/07/2013 $329,000

:eek:OH **** OH **** OH **** :eek:
74 Shaw Street New Auckland
House: 3 2 2 and a pool
URGENT Sale needed - $279,000

279k is such a crazily cheap price for a double storey 3/2/2 house in New Auckland with tiled rumpus room and shower/toilet on ground floor AND a swimming pool with a BBQ patio area to boot!!! I know as I've been monitoring the prices since 2 years ago. You could stuff a lot of miners in this house and they'd be as happy as bugs in a rug.
But is the cheap price mainly because this property is backing right onto Briffney Creek and may be prone to flood or mosquitos?

It's not flood prone. Even though it is right behind the property, it is up on a hill above the creek. Mossies, possibly, but I don't see that being a major deterrent.

Back