Gladstone

thanks for your reply re: how to get to Gladstone.

Just ask for your opinion about the benefits/advantages of buying an old houses on established areas and new estate house (i.e. Litter Creek)?

Why do many people want to buy a new house on new estate?

Thanks

thanks for your reply re: how to get to Gladstone.

Just ask for your opinion about the benefits/advantages of buying an old houses on established areas and new estate house (i.e. Litter Creek)?

Why do many people want to buy a new house on new estate?

Thanks

I have no idea, just don't get it, if u compare it to a capital city u can in effect can buy in the equivalent of a inner ring blue chip suburb for less than the greenfield outer suburbs, basically you can buy a Elwood cal bung for less than a Narre Warren Mcmasion.

It happens in every hot spot regional town i have been to.

What point is savings some tax on depreciation if it comes at the expense of capital growth?

Other people completely disagree with me on this.

From my experience and could be the same for other people.
Buying brand new has some advantage over older houses in regional towns when buying for investment sight unseen. Buying in gladstone will be the first time i've bought in a place i've never even been to little own seen the house. So brand new suits me. For Gladstone looking at rpdata etc.. the median price in the newer estates is higher than close to cbd. Maybe in gladstones case also, being really close to the industrial looking coal stacks etc.. is what motivates people to live a bit further(it's like 7-10mins anyways) out.?? Like i said, i've never been there so this is only my thoughts from research and speaking to locals etc..

cheers

Depends on what's going on. If a major project is ramping up they rent out quickly. If there are no projects going on it can be a few weeks and might need a small reduction in the rent.

When we bought in Tannum Sands we did so because all the locals we talked to said to go there. The men go to work in the industry and the wives want to live somewhere nice and clean, near the beach. Gladstone is very industrial so Tannum Sands and Boyne Island are very popular.

From my experience and could be the same for other people.
Buying brand new has some advantage over older houses in regional towns when buying for investment sight unseen. Buying in gladstone will be the first time i've bought in a place i've never even been to little own seen the house. So brand new suits me. For Gladstone looking at rpdata etc.. the median price in the newer estates is higher than close to cbd. Maybe in gladstones case also, being really close to the industrial looking coal stacks etc.. is what motivates people to live a bit further(it's like 7-10mins anyways) out.?? Like i said, i've never been there so this is only my thoughts from research and speaking to locals etc..

cheers

Hi Foxy,

I think everyone who has property in Gladstone will go well so well done on getting in.

Please don't take offense to this, just my opinion.

Median prices (don't get me started) may well be higher but they are irrelevant it is the growth that counts and greenfield estates traditionally have much slower growth in their first 20 years than established areas.

Yes mining companies like newer stuff but there are heaps of other people that will move to the town that organize their own rents and u r protected from the mass dumping of properties by a mining company at the same time as happened in 2009 by Rio Tinto in Gladstone (ur rent would be effected later but ur property would not be on the rental market at the same as hundreds of others)

Also 7-10 minutes to town doesn't sound much but these small towns often have a one lane road going each way that cracks under the pressure of quick expansion so that 10 min can quickly get out to 25-30 min, already the road to boyne and tannum is a painful process in peak time (unless improved recently)

Not going to an area without using a buyers advocate is a risky tactic in my mind, so much u can pick up in just 2 days on the ground in a town. If I wasn't going to a place i would def use a buyers advocate.

Good luck and hope u buy heaps more.

Cheers

BT

Last edited:
Back