Glass Splashback

I had a guy come out and do all the measurements and quoted me for a glass splashback in the kitchen. I was happy and paid the deposit to get it installed, turn around time of about 2 weeks.

However, since paying the deposit the same guy has been out to re-measure and take photographs of the wall on two occasions and has today rang again and said he needs to come out a third time with an installer to measure again. Is this overkill to make sure the job is done perfectly or is it of concern?

*It is a big company and not a small private installer*

It sounds like he might be concerned about something - probably whether the space is level. Or maybe he's just pedantic and likes to do a thorough job?

I bet you they got it wrong in the factory (remember, it has to be toughened after cutting so it can't then be re-cut), and what he wants to do is re-measure on site to see if they can find a way to make the incorrect one somehow fit. You'll know if this has happened by checking the gaps around the edges once it's installed. They should all be a reasonably uniform width (and no more than about 3mm). If it's 0mm in one corner and 5mm in another, they've stuffed it up. If they've stuffed it up, refuse to accept it.

Back