Split system installation with damaged render

I contracted a tradie to install a split system for me... While everything is perfect on the inside, I realised the outside wall of the balcony, where he had to drill a hole out for the pipe, seems like he also broke a little bit of render.

I am just wondering what do I do from here? Should I argue with him about fixing this (which I don't think he will be coming back to fix it)? Or should I just leave it like that? I am kinda worried if the owners corporation guy will not be happy about this.... Anyone who has apartments, would this be an issue to the OC?

Attachments

• FL1.jpg
    FL1.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 189
  • FL2.jpg
    FL2.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 238
  • FL3.jpg
    FL3.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 206
Very hard to drill through concrete or brick without damaging the other side to which you drill.

I'd be looking for a flange to cover the damaged area , same colour as the
ducting cover to make it look like part of the installation so no painting required.

Very hard to drill through concrete or brick without damaging the other side to which you drill.

ducting cover to make it look like part of the installation so no painting required.

This is great advice. Painting will never look "right" as it is not a painted surrounding area (looks like some kind of block).

You could try to buy a flange yourself, but I'd be asking them to put it on and see if they can match the colour of the unit. I'm surprised he left it like that and would have thought some type of cover plate or flange would be something they use regularly?

I am just wondering what do I do from here?

Just ring the installer up and tell her-him to come back and install a cover plate over the mess,because with the build up in condensation over the summer period the pipework from the heat pump will drip down the wall
imho..

What is a flange?? Any picture?

Look at that third photo, wth was he thinking not sleaving all the way to the bottom.

IMO a job half done.

Actually, that is a good point. It looks messy... and that unit would not be level either. I cannot see anything to counter the slight slope it would be sitting on.

Worth a try. Can't do any harm. Sometimes it's easy to do stuff yourself than try and drag someone back to do a half-hearted job. You would have it done in less time than it will take to leave the multiple phone messages you will need to leave for the guy who made the mess.

I called the guy and he kept saying it's not his job to fix it. He said I told him the board is plaster board, but it's double brick (which I can never recall I said that...anyway) and he asked me to go and find a renderer to fix it...

While I can keep arguing with him, I actually need him to come in and fix the aircon as the tenant said every time they turn it on it starts leaking wall from the wall. I don't want to offend him and end up not wanting to come and fix it. What to do???

I called the guy and he kept saying it's not his job to fix it. He said I told him the board is plaster board, but it's double brick (which I can never recall I said that...anyway) and he asked me to go and find a renderer to fix it...

While I can keep arguing with him, I actually need him to come in and fix the aircon as the tenant said every time they turn it on it starts leaking wall from the wall. I don't want to offend him and end up not wanting to come and fix it. What to do???

When you say leaking is it condensation ,or a gas leak ?,is the person a private stand alone sole trader contractor or employed by a business but I would not run this a/c unit because it may go live and throw the elec board
or fry the internal P c b board and could also cause more serious problems too your tenants ..imho..

When you say leaking is it condensation ,or a gas leak ?,is the person a private stand alone sole trader contractor or employed by a business but I would not run this a/c unit because it may go live and throw the elec board
or fry the internal P c b board and could also cause more serious problems too your tenants ..imho..

The tenant said there's water leaking out from the wall everytime they turn it on. So they can't use it now....

I found this guy from here: http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/m...lutions-heating-cooling-13922294-listing.html

He doesn't know what he is talking about - it's concrete. Must be a tilt up construction.

More so how could it be plaster board (gyprock) on the outside.

All up a very poor job, as already mentioned, conduit it missing at the outside unit and now the leak at the inside unit. Real backyard boy. How come the place you bought the unit through didn't recommend or organise the install?

Cheers

By the way can't see any drain tube from either the inside unit or the outside unit.

Back