Glazier repair cost

So I got a double glazed window installed in bathroom into a timber frame , about 600 square - cost $250. Paid before job done

Anyway I get an email from company saying that I have them the wrong measurement for the window and that there was no timber beading in window so it would cost an extra $283!

So I reply saying it's not my fault the measurement was wrong as i told them it was only an estimate.

Then I get an email back saying they understand that and the extra $283 is just to purchase and install a timber beading

Now, I know nothing about glazing but shouldn't it be a fairly straight forward process which wouldn't warrant so much extra cost?

I'm thinking they may have ordered some glass in as per my estimate of the size and when they realised it didn't fit they would try and pull a fast one one me.

Am I right to be pissed off? Or is this just what it costs?

I don't get it? You have had the job done and paid for it and now the company wants more? Tell them to shove it.

Or you have paid the money and not had the job done yet and now the company wants more to finish it?... In which case you have more of a problem.

Last edited:
Ask them to return with the correct size glass you need and to replace the one already installed. Besides telling them to GGF, they won't be back!

pinkboy

Back