Good Carpet Retailers

Does anyone care to suggest a good carpet retailer in Melbourne (Northern Suburbs preferably) who has a good selection and charges a reasonable price?

I will start by looking at the big retailers (Carpet Call, Carpet Choice etc) to get acquainted with pricing but I'm interested to know if anyone has found retailers who are better/cheaper for the same product. I'm sure the bigger chains can't be that cheap because of all their advertising.

Try Fowlers Auction group.

They hold auctions every few weeks (their ads are in the AGE on saturdays)

Never bought from them but heard they were cheaper.

Good Luck

Noddy.

Hi Kev

I almost always use Fowles.

You will however need to set aside at least half a day on Wednesday to attend. So work out if it is worth it.

Most of their stuff is left overs, so you need to be careful, and always purchase more than you need just in case.

You will need to collect it yourself, or they have a courier who charges a reasonable fee. They can also refer you to a few layers (although I have found only one or two to be reliable). If need be, email me at [email protected] and I will send you some contact numbers.

On my recent North Melb project, I purchased wool blend sisal for $35 per metre.

A fellow renovator has also recommended Aurora Carpets in Sydney Rd. I haven't used them, but check them out.

Kind regards

Sam

I was happy with Don Burrows in Fyshwick for floating floor (supply only) and carpet (supply & install). They were quite a but cheaper than 3 other retailers.

Someone at my work place had a quote for a supply & install for floating floors- they came in at $2K less than the big retailer across the road.

G'Day all,

Having dealt with many carpet retailers, psuedo wholesalers and the like over the years, have found a bloke that I reckon cant be beaten.

I hate recommending someone publicly, but I am going to stick my neck out on this one........

Russell James fron Russell James Carpets in Narre Warren

deal with him direct, not his wife, not his daughter nor any salesman........you gotta talk directly to him.

I dont even shop around anymore.

regards

Back