Good news story

Congratulations Nathan!

Looks like the fruits of a good plan and extensive due diligence. Hard to see much downside in that deal - goes to show they are definitely out there...

Thanks for sharing!

Well done Nathan, I'm just not sure how that sort of news is a kick up the **** for the D&Gers. 310 in 2004, 130 today. Seems to indicate what they've been saying.

Frank

Yeah, I laughed at that too. It should be up at GHPC forum in no time.

Good news for some, bad news for others.

See ya's.

Where the bloody hell is Skater??? I haven't seen her around for a while and miss her. She is a good poster and must be getting into some of this good buying in the Mt Druitt area:D

Well done, Nathan! At $130K, I don't think even the D&Gers would see anything wrong with that one. Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
Well done Nathan, I'm just not sure how that sort of news is a kick up the **** for the D&Gers. 310 in 2004, 130 today. Seems to indicate what they've been saying.

Frank

Yeah, I laughed at that too. It should be up at GHPC forum in no time.

Good news for some, bad news for others.

The D&Gers are saying the big bust is still coming. Scamp I think is still saying 80% over on PI - the D&Gers really need to reign him in because he's making them look a bit silly. The reality is that property in SOME AREAS of Sydney has been deflating for years. And some other areas will deflate. I'm seeing a few people who feel the 40%+ drops in the outer areas have brought those properties down to a point where they are good buying and they are quietly picking them up.
Scott

Far out that's an amazing yield.. and for Sydney after all.

The property looks to be in pretty good condition as well, and with a back yard.

I think there will be some handy property fortunes built out of Western Sydney in the next decade, hard to imagine yields getting much better than this deal anyway.

It's a great buy!
Anything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
An optimist paid 310K, a D&Ger could've got it for less than half.
This is not likely to be the last desperate mortgagee sale, so for a D&Ger like me, it means I can now go out and start looking for some IPs and my patience has been rewarded.

Would love to know who the mortgagee is. If this place went under the radar, the mortgagee is acting unethically and unprofessionally in not trying to get true market value. The mortgagor is really getting stiffed.

The mortgagee is also revealing that prices can only soften further, if they let it go at this price. Talk about passing the hot potato.

Of course, the mortagagee might be motivated by cash flow issues.

It's a great buy!
Anything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.
An optimist paid 310K, a D&Ger could've got it for less than half.
This is not likely to be the last desperate mortgagee sale, so for a D&Ger like me, it means I can now go out and start looking for some IPs and my patience has been rewarded.
I think the true D&Ger would be scratching for an excuse about why you were doing the wrong thing by buying now.

oh its a dump of an area, its cheap, 15 mins from parramatta, great demand area, and will clean up oer next 10 years or so....

the return is good and if someone paid 310k before someone will pay again.

Well Done Nathan,

I like your thinking. :):)

Regards Jo

Would love to know who the mortgagee is. If this place went under the radar, the mortgagee is acting unethically and unprofessionally in not trying to get true market value. The mortgagor is really getting stiffed.

The mortgagee is also revealing that prices can only soften further, if they let it go at this price. Talk about passing the hot potato.

Of course, the mortagagee might be motivated by cash flow issues.

the place has been advertised on rea.com for weeks, and it popped up in a few emails i automatically get from the agent each week.

Funnily enough the only 2 people that rocked up where both SS frequenters
I don't think it went under the radar, I just think its the result of an Auction in a depressed market in a not so popular area which is having enough problems selling property private treaty, let alone in sale where you don't have oppurtunity to really do much DD on the building.

Last edited:
the place has been advertised on rea.com for weeks, and it popped up in a few emails i automatically get from the agent each week.

Funnily enough the only 2 people that rocked up where both SS frequenters
I don't think it went under the radar, I just think its the result of an Auction in a depressed market in a not so popular area which is having enough problems selling property private treaty, let alone in sale where you don't have oppurtunity to really do much DD on the building.

thx Stu. yeah I noted it on rea.com.
not under the radar imho.

Back