Good RE Agent

Presently I am dealing with a what i consider a very good agent.

Discussions with him on the waterfront properties in the area of concern revolve generally around market conditions and effects on his listings.

I have looked at all his listings in this area so as to build a fair value price in my head (i told him this also from the outset). I did also say when i first met him that i would only buy if something represented fair value (when at that time it was inflated as was everywhere else).

This area I am looking is for a PPoR so criteria is swayed towards longer term CG and initial affordability.

This agent always follows up every few weeks to tell me what new listing he has and at no time has there been any bs. I have found other agents (generally young guys) show you one property and if you dont take interest your off the email list.

This process is a slow one as a do like the area but have been timing my entry hopefully to correspond with the "right" property coming onto the market and hoepfully it will be purchased through Charles.

There are always good agents around. At times though they can be more difficult to find- and when business was booming, agents didn't have to call you back to get business. Now I suspect they have to work harder to sell properties, and there are more of them selling. You'll probably be finding more agents calling you back now.

geoffw said:
There are always good agents around. At times though they can be more difficult to find- and when business was booming, agents didn't have to call you back to get business. Now I suspect they have to work harder to sell properties, and there are more of them selling. You'll probably be finding more agents calling you back now.

I did find the young RE felt shot down when they started a sales "speal" and I interupted them with the "i havent seen anything that represents fair value, show me something". I dont view this as rude just getting straight to the point :) and saving time.

This other guy I have talked about , Charles, has followed up through the end of the good times and continues to do so, but your right he will prob ring me weekly now instead of fortnightly ;-) (joking)

Back