Good/Reliable Sources for Market Data

Hey Everyone,

Ive been looking around for an IP for a little while, chatting with agents, checking out the forums and what seems like an infinite number of websites for information.

Id be interested to find out who thinks what sources are reliable/useful/beneficial/misleading etc.

I ask as Im currently looking at a property which I believe has been on the market for a little while (possibly under different agents, suggesting their asking price is to high or there are other issues. How does a buyer determine an offer if their base info is incorrect? (ie. GIGO - garbage in garbage out)

Similarly, many of the 'online estimates' get updated about the same time as a property goes on the market. Is this an advertising convenience or is valid market data being used?

your thoughts?

Thanks

RP data for sold prices - RE.Com is good aswell.

If you are wanting to learn more about property read this forum, a lot of knowledge and it is free!

End of the day read anything but make your own mind.

You hear of fantastic storys of people buying a property for half (or more of the market value but is it really? Would you walk away from 1/2 the property value?

Ask questions on the forum (like you have) and you will get many views.

Agreed Big Will, its interesting to see how much is being discussed on here.

Jamie, I have few contacts who can get me access to these type of documents. At the moment Im keen to exhaust the free online info first before requesting paid resources, but i think you may be right this could be the next step.

Of the free ones , sqm's free data is well worth it and things like their vacancy series , aren't obviously available elsewhere .

It's one site I'm using on a regular basis

Cliff

Jamie, I have few contacts who can get me access to these type of documents. At the moment Im keen to exhaust the free online info first before requesting paid resources, but i think you may be right this could be the next step.

No probs.

Most should have a subscription so don't normally charge their clients for the reports.

Cheers

Jamie

Back